Technical Specialist, Manufacturing
Manufacturing | El Segundo, CA | Full Time
Kite Pharma is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel cancer immunotherapy products designed to harness the power of a patient’s own immune system to selectively target and kill cancer cells. Our core technology involves the genetic engineering of T cells, or white blood cells, to express either chimeric antigen receptors (CARs) or T cell receptors (TCRs) for the treatment of advanced solid and hematological malignancies. We are on a rapid growth trajectory and have a highly energized and accomplished team. Kite is publicly traded (NASDAQ: KITE) with a current market well over $2 Billion.
We are seeking a Manufacturing Technical Specialist or Senior Technical Specialist to support our new 39,000 square foot biotechnology facility in El Segundo, that includes general laboratories for bio-processing.
Under minimal supervision, this position’s main accountabilities are focused on the front line technical support of manufacturing operations while closely collaborating with the Quality and Product Sciences Unit.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Provide front line technical support for manufacturing of cell therapy products
- Ensure successful manufacturing production runs by assessing risk, implementing preventative measures, investigating, and troubleshooting equipment and process issues
- Partner with Product Sciences Team to execute process development studies within commercial facility to further develop a thorough understanding of operating and performance parameters
- In conjunction with various internal and external stakeholders, investigates and coordinates the resolution of deviations through comprehensive use of Root Cause Analysis tools
- Devises and implements CAPAs to address root cause and ensure effectiveness
- Collaborating with technical and operational stakeholders, writes and/or revises SOPs, batch records, and other operational related documents
- Trends key performance metrics
- Participates in internal audit/inspection
- Represents Manufacturing operations in Change Control, CAPA and Deviation meetings
- Conducts technical training and guidance to the Cell Therapy Specialists
- Participates in the implementation of ERP systems
- Other tasks and duties as assigned by Management
- BS in Biochemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology or equivalent with 5+ years of experience. Engineering degree preferred
- Cell culture and/or aseptic processing experience
- Broad technical knowledge of cGMP compliance and experience with leading investigations, writing, deviation reports, change controls, and corrective actions
- Experience with investigation and root cause analysis tools
- Skilled at creating and delivering presentations
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel, Presentation, Access, and Project
- Utilizes technical writing strategies to ensure content is clear and concise
- Possesses good communication skills
- Experience leading cross functional teams to obtain project deliverables
- Working knowledge of scientific and engineering principles
- Certified Quality Engineer, Six Sigma Green Belt, Six Sigma Black Belt or similar is a plus
- Knowledge of ERP systems implementation is desirable
Kite Pharma, an equal opportunity employer, is located in beautiful Santa Monica, CA just steps from Santa Monica Blvd and right off the 10. We are able to offer the opportunity to be part of the first 200 employees in this successful, fast growing company. A place everyone knows your name and respects your opinion while at the same time offering benefits and time off packages commensurate to any large corporation. Did we forget to mention the stock options? To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your resume or CV, cover letter and salary requirements. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.