Supervisor, Facilities Maintenance
Facilities | El Segundo, CA | Full Time
Kite, a Gilead Company, is a biopharmaceutical company based in Santa Monica, California. Kite is engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term, durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system’s ability to recognize and kill tumors. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com.
We are seeking a Supervisor, Facilities Maintenance to oversee a 39,000 square foot new biotechnology facility in El Segundo, California that includes general laboratories for bio-processing. In addition to facilities oversight activities, the Supervisor, Facilities Maintenance will assist in the operation and maintenance of the company’s facility for production of cell-based therapeutics.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage routine maintenance tasks including: plumbing repairs, painting, office furniture installation, general building repairs, cleaning, building exteriors and other as assigned.
- Manage and organize maintenance employees while supporting calibration staff and assignments.
- Ensure clean rooms and general facility is maintained in optimum conditions and in compliance with GMP requirements.
- Maintain a safe work environment; work in a safe manner following all safety SOP’s and wear Personal Protective Equipment as required
- Maintain accurate records keeping equipment and systems cGMP compliant at all times
- Work independently and make sound judgments regarding work methods and tools Proactively support the Corporations, Companies, Departments and Personal goals and objectives
- Assist in all facility services including physical security, waste removal, recycling, central services, office furnishings and office equipment.
- Monitors and maintain contractors performance and work closely with outside vendors to ensure work is completed according to specifications.
- Ensure manufacturing and all labs and lab personnel are supported to meet business needs, including: lab gasses, preventive maintenance, equipment service contracts and safety equipment
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies including FDA, CA FDB, OSHA, DOH, EPA, Fire Department, city audits, Health Department, etc.
- Maintain your Technical Training Profile current with no delinquent notices
- Ability to work safely in an environment containing hazardous chemicals, high and low temperature liquids, high pressure liquids and gasses, steam, and moving machinery
- Able to work after hours and on call as needed; weekend shift support and shutdowns
- Ability to check and respond to Equipment Monitoring System & Building Management Systems.
- Ensuring maintenance and calibration work orders are being completed on time while adhering to operational standards.
- Must have great communication skills and is able to deliver job expectations, coaching, training, recruiting, assigning tasks and ensuring reliability of facilities systems.
- Mechanical acumen including HVAC, Purified Water system ,facilities utilities, P&ID’s, schematics and equipment specifications a must.
- An understanding of operating and testing requirements for equipment and utilities
- Act as the point person to the facilities technicians while working closely with the manager to ensure strategic planning, implementations of plans, resolving problems while maintaining production quality.
- An understanding of quality systems; Change Control, Deviations, CAPA’s, Audits activities, Computerized Maintenance Management Systems required.
- Forward thinking the ability to work with system & technical metrics, identify variances & deficiencies while improving maintenance program and performance.
- Accountable to the manager and the team for facilities performance.
- High School diploma, relevant trade certification, and some college or vocational training in engineering or facilities
- Must have a strong work ethic and demonstrate dependability and timeliness.
- At least 7-10 years minimum of maintenance experience in a biotech or pharmaceutical company with direct experience with GMP facility operation preferred
- Exposure to operations involving engineering disciplines including Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, Structural, Environmental, and Industrial
- Demonstrated understanding of systems needed to manage a GMP facility such as: HVAC, electrical, process systems, plumbing/piping, general maintenance, pest management, both interior and exterior
- Must be able to lift, carry, push and/or pull 100 lb. of equipment or supplies
- Must be able to squat, bend, kneel, climb, and or reach for 75% of a shift
- Must be able to stand, walk, and/or move about for 75% of a shift
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities