Finance | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
Kite Pharma Inc, founded in 2009, is dedicated to the development and commercialization of novel cancer immunotherapy products designed to harness the power of a patient’s own immune system to fight tumor cells. We are a small, dynamic and accomplished team with an exciting growth trajectory for the coming year.
Staff Accountant will support the accounting department primarily in providing all processing of accounts payable and related payables responsibilities, purchase order reconciliations, as well as additional general accounting responsibilities and commensurate with experience. This position will report to the Director of Accounting.
Responsibilities (include but limited to):
- Process payables into the Company’s accounting software, obtain appropriate approvals, print checks and set up online bill pay, obtain signatures and mail vendor payments
- Perform monthly accounts payable accruals and all account reconciliations related to accounts payable (i.e. accrued expenses, prepaid expenses)
- Prepare Year-end 1099s and distribute to all vendors in timely manner
- Monitor and reconcile Corporate Credit card account and initiate ACH payments as needed
- Assist with the month-end close functions in accordance with the financial close schedule
- Ensure that reconciliations and supporting schedules are completed timely and in accordance with the monthly closing schedule
- Maintain accounts payable vendor files
- Understand, develop, and enforce proper accounting practices and controls
- General ledger accounting, including fixed assets, prepaids, etc.
- Assist in preparation of financial statements and quarterly filings
- Various other account reconciliations as assigned
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in Accounting, including at least 1 year in A/P
- QuickBooks experience or other accounting software
- Accounting system implementation experience a plus
- Must have recent hands-on skills as delineated in the job description
- Team player and solid communicator; strong interpersonal skills including conscientiousness, diplomacy, flexibility, and dependability; maintain confidentiality
- Trustworthy, positive, energetic, optimistic attitude with a willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Understanding of internal controls, accounting processes and procedures
- Computer and analytical skills, including proficiency in Excel a plus
Kite Pharma, an equal opportunity employer, is located in beautiful Santa Monica, CA just steps from Santa Monica Boulevard and right off the 10 Freeway. We are able to offer the upside of working in a small, but growing company where everyone knows your name and respects your opinion while at the same time offering top-notch benefits. Did we forget to mention the stock options? To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your resume or CV, cover letter and salary requirements. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.