Site Head EU Manufacturing
Manufacturing | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Full Time
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognise and kill tumours. Kite Europe is headquartered in Stockley Park, UK and is currently adding additional talent to its operation in the Netherlands as it focuses on developing the European Region in support of providing maximum access to patients with unmet needs. This role is based out of our office in Amsterdam.
The Site Head EU Manufacturing is responsible for leading a team of manufacturing professionals in a commercial pharmaceutical environment. This includes executive oversight of supply execution, quality and compliance, growth and development of capabilities, creating a culture of safety, quality and production excellence, maintaining strong training objectives, and collaboration.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
• Ensure product supply is executed effectively against the demand plan and meets quality
• Manufacturing site executive with oversight of process alignment, technology transfer and
product/process related initiatives, creating an environment where productivity and
efficiency are achieved and recognized and establishing operational objectives
• Provide strategic leadership to the site leadership team to ensure that the best solutions are
presented and implemented within a reasonable budget for Manufacturing
• Maintain a high level of compliance through effective monitoring and reporting of key
• Manufacturing leader that has broad accountability for inspection activities, observation
commitments, submission and agency requests for products for assigned manufacturing
plant as well as identifying key areas for change and alignment and mobilize organization to
make changes happen
• Build and develop a senior leadership team
• Influence and/or develop broad-based programs and initiatives to meet executive level
vision and mission
• Collaborate with other Tech Ops executives to set strategy and shared objectives
• Focus on results through the leadership of the site leadership team
• Develop and oversee the creating and execution of budgets, schedules, objectives and goals
• Independently determine approach and requirements to managing teams and executing
operations with strong collaborations with peer leaders
- Bachelors degree in biology or related field (or equivalent experience required), advanced degree preferred with at least 15 years of experience managing a manufacturing team in the biotechnology or biologics industry, preferably with 10+ years as a leader of leaders
· Strong understanding of the business, science, engineering, and technology of biotechnology, processes, equipment and facilities
· Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
· High energy level and a positive outlook coupled with the requisite “can do” attitude and a willingness to do what it takes to achieve personal and organizational goals and overcome obstacles
· Willingness to think outside of the box and adopt best practices
· Ability to adapt to a constantly evolving environment
· Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership in areas of responsibility
· Previous cell culture team leadership experience preferred/highly desired
Kite Pharma is an equal opportunity employer based in Amsterdam, Netherlands. Kite Pharma offers the opportunity to be part of a successful, fast-growing company in a cross-functional and collaborative environment.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.