Senior Warehouse Manager
Operations | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
Kite Pharma, Inc. is focused on the development and commercialization of novel cancer immunotherapy products designed to harness the power of a patient’s own immune system to eradicate cancer cells. We believe our immunotherapy is a market-redefining approach to the treatment of cancer. We are an innovative and growing company located in beautiful Santa Monica and have a highly energized and accomplished team. We had one of the most successful biotechnology IPOs in 2014 and have a current market capitalization of well over $2.5 billion (NASDAQ: KITE).
We are seeking a highly motivated individual for the role of Warehouse Manager to work in this exciting new area of cancer immunotherapy to develop, manage and maintain a GMP/Non-GMP warehouse and inventory management system.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop operational GMP and Non-GMP clinical stage warehouse facility
- Develop and implement inventory management system conforming to standard warehouse practice (Bar Code, FIFO, re-order triggers, etc.)
- Manage pick and pack system for supply kits to manufacturing groups utilizing a Bill of Material
- Manage receiving system for both products and materials
- Manage packaging and shipment of final product
- Apply new warehouse technologies to minimize errors, and improve efficiency
- Monitor clinical inventory report for quantity, lot status, expiration dates
- Rebalances inventories based on lot expiration and QA requirements, as needed
- Investigates and resolves inventory discrepancies in a timely manner
- Develop and implement protocols and practices to ensure effectiveness and efficiency of strategic initiatives an inventory/warehouse management
- Develop inventory strategies that minimize financial impact and develops systems to manage materials across multiple clinical studies
- Drive continuous improvement of the supplies movement, warehouse level optimization, kitting and canban processes
- Disposition of GMP Raw materials, update BOM lists disposal of superseded material
- Completes daily inventory transactions including inventory transfers, inventory adjustments and disposals in the inventory database
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain or related discipline or equivalent qualification in business administration
- At least 7 years of relevant supply chain or warehouse management at a pharmaceutical or biotech company
- APICS certification and or supply chain education preferred
- Other continuing education certifications highly desirable (e.g. Six Sigma, industry specific coursework)
- Strong management skills and experience in clinical or medical supplies management with the flexibility to handle multiple tasks
- Strong knowledge and understanding of pharmaceutical or medical Supply Chains. International distribution experience
- Previous experience in Logistics, Distribution and Supply Chain preferred
- In depth knowledge of warehouse operations in a GMP/non-GMP setting
- Demonstrated technical skills in supply chain management including demand management
- Must be able to design and run reporting language queries/programs
- Experience with Oracle Fusion, SAP and similar strongly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Role will have multiple contacts across internal and external groups
- Process-oriented with strong analytical skills for risk identification and management
- Proficient in MS word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Warehousing software
- Cold chain knowledge and experience in a pharmaceutical or medical setting
- Self-motivated and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
Kite Pharma, an equal opportunity employer, is located in beautiful Santa Monica, CA just steps from Santa Monica Blvd and right off the 10. We are able to offer the opportunity to be part of the first 100 employees in this successful, fast growing company. A place everyone knows your name and respects your opinion while at the same time offering benefits and time off packages commensurate to any large corporation. Did we forget to mention the stock options? To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your resume or CV, cover letter and salary requirements. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.