Senior Scientist, T-Cell Biology
Product Sciences | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join Product Sciences in the early stage development group. The Senior Scientist will support efforts leading to the development of novel technologies and processes for cell therapy manufacturing. Under minimal supervision, the successful candidate will be expected to perform experiments, organize and analyze results and communicate and present findings in team meetings. You will also be asked to perform other duties as required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Applying expertise in molecular biology and T cell immunology to lead and influence projects within the development of Kite’s product portfolio.
- Developing new approaches and SOP’s for product quality and evaluation to continuously improve quality of new approaches to cancer immunotherapy.
- Communicate effectively and work efficiently with team members across the organization to track and support projects through development.
- Manage multiple projects concurrently to meet product release timelines.
- Collaborate with departments across the organization to resolve technical issues and support products.
- Prepare and present written and oral reports to manager, extended R&D teams, and senior leadership.
- Perform other responsibilities to support the needs of the department, as assigned
- Ph.D. degree in immunology, cellular and/or tumor biology or a closely related field with 1+ year of relevant training or industry experience preferred
- A strong background in cancer immunotherapy and human immunology, experience working with engineered T-cells strongly preferred
- Experience designing and developing primary immune cell assays using key immune cell populations
- Hands-on expertise in T-cell functional characterization assays including in vitro cytotoxicity, proliferation, and cytokine/chemokine measurements
- Expertise in in vitro T-cell isolation and expansion methods. Proficient in cell culture aseptic technique
- Experience in viral and non-viral methods of gene transfer
- Proficient in multi-parameter flow cytometry (panel design, sample acquisition, data processing)
- Experience in molecular and cellular biology techniques, including but not limited to: PCR, qPCR, cloning and western blot
- Proficiency in the analysis and understanding of immune cells and molecules
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Self-motivated and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
- Experience using both written and verbal communication, including presentations, to communicate results to a diverse cross-functional audience
Kite Pharma is an equal opportunity employer based in Santa Monica, CA. Kite Pharma offers the opportunity to be part of a successful, fast growing company in a cross functional and collaborative environment.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.