Senior Research Associate, T-Cell Biology
Research | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
Kite, a Gilead Company, is a biopharmaceutical company based in Santa Monica, California. Kite is engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term, durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system’s ability to recognize and kill tumors. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with immunology and/or oncology experience to join us as a Senior Research Associate in our T-cell biology group. You will play a key role in advancing our CAR and TCR pipelines and contributing to develop next generation cell therapies as you support our efforts in this exciting new area of cancer immunotherapy. The successful candidate will be expected to perform experiments, organize and analyze results, and communicate and present findings in team meetings. You will also be asked to perform other duties as required. This role will be a hands-on resource reporting to a Principal Scientist.
Responsibilities include, but at not limited to:
- Support research studies related to the development of cancer immunotherapy products
- Phenotypic and functional characterization of T cells
- Support assay development to assess T cell function
- Successfully execute and document laboratory procedures and experiments with great attention to detail
- Work cross-functionally with other research teams and with other departments within the company to support product characterization at different stages of development
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3-5 years of experience, or Master of Science degree with 2+ years of experience
- Hands-on expertise in in cell culture of multiple cell lines and aseptic technique
- Experience with isolation, stimulation and in vitro expansion of primary T cells
- Hands on experience with T-cell functional characterization assays including in vitro cytotoxicity, proliferation, and cytokine/chemokine measurements
- Ability to perform multi-parameter flow cytometric analyses
- Self-motivated and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
- Comfortable in a fast-paced company and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Strong organizational skills and record keeping
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Immunology and/or immunotherapy background strongly preferred. Previous experience working with engineered T-cells desired.
Kite Pharma is an equal opportunity employer based in beautiful Santa Monica, CA. Kite Pharma offers the opportunity to be part of a successful, fast growing company in a cross functional and collaborative environment.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.