Senior Research Associate, Stem Cell Engineering
Research | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
Kite Pharma is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel cancer immunotherapy products designed to harness the power of a patient’s own immune system to selectively target and kill cancer cells. Our core technology involves the genetic engineering of T cells, or white blood cells, to express either chimeric antigen receptors (CARs) or T cell receptors (TCRs) for the treatment of advanced solid and hematological malignancies. We are on a rapid growth trajectory and have a highly energized and accomplished team. Kite is publicly traded (NASDAQ: KITE) with a current market well over $2 Billion.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Expression group as Senior Research Associate of Molecular and Cell Biology. You will work with the research team in supporting our efforts in this exciting new area of cancer immunotherapy. Under minimal supervision, the successful candidate will be expected to perform experiments, organize and analyze results and communicate and present findings in team meetings. You will also be asked to perform other duties as required.
- Regular maintenance and manipulation of several ES and iPS cell lines and differentiated products
- Successfully execute and document laboratory procedures and experiments with great attention to detail
- Work with a cross-functional research team to advance the development of an “off-the-shelf” T cell therapy products
- Other duties as assigned
- The Senior Research Associate level requires at least 3 years of related industry or academic experience in a lab environment with a Master’s Degree or at least 5 years of related industry or academic experience in a lab environment with a Bachelor’s Degree
- Direct experience in the manipulation and maintenance of iPS and ES cell lines, preferably in feeder-free conditions
- Hands-on experience extracting genomic DNA and performing PCR analysis
- Direct expertise in cellular transfection and transduction, preferably electroporation
- Direct experience in immunostaining and flow cytometry
- Hands-on expertise with basic molecular cloning techniques
- Familiarity with basic ES / iPS differentiation methods such as embryoid body formation
- Protein analysis methods are preferred (western blot, ELISA…)
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
Kite Pharma, an equal opportunity employer, is located in beautiful Santa Monica, CA just steps from Santa Monica Blvd and right off the 10. We are able to offer the opportunity to be part this successful, fast growing company. A place everyone knows your name and respects your opinion while at the same time offering benefits and time off packages commensurate to any large corporation. Did we forget to mention the stock options? To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your resume or CV, cover letter and salary requirements. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.