Senior Research Associate of Cell Biology
Research | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
Kite Pharma, Inc. is focused on the development and commercialization of novel cancer immunotherapy products designed to harness the power of a patient’s own immune system to eradicate cancer cells. We believe our immunotherapy is a market-redefining approach to the treatment of cancer. We are an innovative and growing company located in beautiful Santa Monica and have a highly energized and accomplished team. We had one of the most successful biotechnology IPOs in 2014 and have a current market capitalization of well over $2 billion (NASDAQ: KITE).
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as a Senior Research Associate of Cell Culture. You will work with the research team in supporting our efforts in this exciting new area of cancer immunotherapy. Under minimal supervision, the successful candidate will be expected to perform experiments, organize and analyze results, and communicate and present findings in team meetings. You will also be asked to perform other duties as required. In this role you will report to a Scientist or Senior Scientist.
- At least 5 years of related industry experience in a lab environment with a Masters Degree or at least 8 years of related industry experience in a lab environment with a Bachelors Degree
- Experience with tumor biology and genomics, immunology and immuno-oncology, and high-throughput technologies strongly
- Hands-on expertise with tissue culture of cell lines and primary cells
- Experience in the manipulation and generation of retrovirus or lentivirus is desirable
- Direct expertise in cellular transfection/transduction methods
- Experience with culturing human T cells and/or PBMCs is highly desirable
- Knowledge of emerging genetic and genomic technologies (i.e. digital PCR, next-gen sequencing, computational biology) preferred
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
Kite Pharma, an equal opportunity employer, is located in beautiful Santa Monica, CA just steps from Santa Monica Blvd and right off the 10. We are able to offer the opportunity to be part of the first 200 employees in this successful, fast growing company. A place everyone knows your name and respects your opinion while at the same time offering benefits and time off packages commensurate to any large corporation. Did we forget to mention the stock options? To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your resume or CV, cover letter and salary requirements. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.