Senior Research Associate, Cell Culture and Molecular Cloning
Research | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
Kite, a Gilead Company, is a biopharmaceutical company based in Santa Monica, California. Kite is engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term, durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system’s ability to recognize and kill tumors. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join the T Cell Engineering group as Senior Research Associate. You will work with the research team in supporting our efforts in this exciting new area of cancer immunotherapy. Under minimal supervision, the successful candidate will be expected to perform experiments, organize and analyze results and communicate and present findings in team meetings. You will also be asked to perform other duties as required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support studies related to the development of cancer immunotherapy products
- Maintenance of several cell lines in tissue culture
- Support all molecular biology activities within the team
- Successfully execute and document laboratory procedures and experiments with great attention to detail
- Work with a cross-functional research team to advance the development of autologous T cell therapy products
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3-5 years of experience, or Master of Science degree with 2+ years of experience
- Hands-on expertise with tissue culture of multiple cell lines, including primary cells
- Hands-on expertise in molecular cloning techniques including, but not limited to PCR cloning, DNA preparation and bacterial transformation
- Direct experience in the manipulation and generation of retroviral and lentiviral vectors is preferred
- Basic knowledge of multi-parametric flow analysis is preferred
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
Kite Pharma is an equal opportunity employer based in Santa Monica, CA. Kite Pharma offers the opportunity to be part of a successful, fast growing company in a cross functional and collaborative environment.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.