Senior Programmer Analyst
Information Technology | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
Kite Pharma, Inc. is focused on the development and commercialization of novel cancer immunotherapy products designed to harness the power of a patient’s own immune system to eradicate cancer cells. We believe our immunotherapy is a market-redefining approach to the treatment of cancer. We are an innovative and growing company located in beautiful Santa Monica and have a highly energized and accomplished team. We had one of the most successful biotechnology IPOs in 2014 and have a current market capitalization of well over $2.5 billion (NASDAQ: KITE).
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as a Senior Programmer Analyst. You will work with the technology team in supporting our efforts in this exciting new area of cancer immunotherapy. This role will be a hands-on resource reporting to the Director of Information Technology, who provides hardware and software purchase, installation, qualification and support for clinical and commercial manufacturing.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Identifies requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual clients and with other persons in a position to understand requirements
- Establish technical specification(s) and test plan/test scripts for new systems/software or enhancements
- Optimizes solutions by confirming workflow diagram; evaluating alternative solutions; writing programs
- Able to arranges project requirements in programming sequence, work flow chart
- Perform system installation, integration, validation
- Able to provide support after-hours
- Develop ad-hoc or permanent reports as needed for different departments
- Develop, revise and review SOPs, qualification/validation protocols and reports with ongoing awareness to changes in business or regulatory
- Document incidents and problems and corresponding solutions
- Provide updates at daily and weekly meetings.
- Develop and maintain applications and databases by evaluating client needs;
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- At least five years of technical expertise with Oracle application software (preferably Fusion) and related products ideally within the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry
- At least two years of experience in administration, architecting as well as designing solutions with Oracle SOA Suite and demonstrated experience with relational databases specifically Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and Oracle 1X, with respect to ODBC, ETL, SQL functions and requirements
- Strong knowledge of SQL, n-Tier application architectures
- Strong knowledge of Software Documentation, n/GMP, Quality Control, n/GMPs, SOPs processes
- Demonstrated working knowledge in developing applications compatible for multiple web browsers, both mobile and desktop based, including Microsoft Internet Explorer, Apple Safari, Firefox, and Google Chrome.
- Working knowledge of quality systems and regulatory requirements (21 CRF Part 11/210/211).
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
Kite Pharma, an equal opportunity employer, is located in beautiful Santa Monica, CA just steps from Santa Monica Blvd and right off the 10. We are able to offer the opportunity to be part of the first 100 employees in this successful, fast growing company. A place everyone knows your name and respects your opinion while at the same time offering benefits and time off packages commensurate to any large corporation. Did we forget to mention the stock options? To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your resume or CV, cover letter and salary requirements. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.