Legal | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
Kite Pharma, Inc. is focused on the development and commercialization of novel cancer immunotherapy products designed to harness the power of a patient’s own immune system to eradicate cancer cells. We believe our immunotherapy is a market-redefining approach to the treatment of cancer. We are an innovative and growing company located in beautiful Santa Monica and have a highly energized and accomplished team. We had one of the most successful biotechnology IPOs in 2014 and have a current market capitalization of well over $2.5 billion (NASDAQ: KITE).
We are seeking a Senior Paralegal to support the legal department, in both intellectual property matters as well as general corporate matters. This position will report directly to the VP of Intellectual Property and Corporate Counsel.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Provide legal assistance to Intellectual Property and Corporate attorneys
- Prepare and coordinate procedural documentation for general legal matters including but not limited to securities compliance, drafting transactional documents, license agreements, employment law, immigration law, regulatory matters, risk management asset-backed financing and contract management
- Prepare and coordinate procedural documentation for general legal matters including but not limited to Exchange Act reporting, strategic transactions, employment law, immigration law, compliance/regulatory matters, risk management and contract management
- Prepare and coordinate procedural documentation for patent filings and applications, as required
- Assist in patent litigation and other adversarial IP matters
- Assist attorneys with the drafting and editing of legal documentation
- Maintain a tracking system to comply with trademark regulations; also tracks in-house research studies to recommend the need for and timing of patent filings
- Assist with determining the necessity and approach to contracts, ensuring protection of the company's proprietary technology
- Responsible for tracking and paying legal fees
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 5 years of relevant experience as a paralegal preferably in a biotech or pharma company
- Experience in both intellectual property and general corporate matters
- Paralegal certification Knowledge and understanding of global regulations and guidelines
- Ability to regularly communicate highly confidential information to senior level staff and maturity to maintain confidential information
- Self-motivated and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and independently
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Excellent organizational, computer and documentation skills and an ability to prioritize effectively
- Proficient in MS word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and related software
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment
Kite Pharma, an equal opportunity employer, is located in beautiful Santa Monica, CA just steps from Santa Monica Blvd and right off the 10. We are able to offer the opportunity to be part of the first 100 employees in this successful, fast growing company. A place everyone knows your name and respects your opinion while at the same time offering benefits and time off packages commensurate to any large corporation. Did we forget to mention the stock options? To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your resume or CV, cover letter and salary requirements. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for one year.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters