Senior Medical Director, Medical Affairs
Medical Affairs | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
The Senior Medical Director, Medical Affairs provides clinical leadership and input to Vice President, Medical Affairs on clinical program strategies and life cycle management. He/she provides Medical Affairs clinical support and works closely with cross-functional groups that include Research, Translational Sciences, Development, Commercial and Clinical Operations to ensure that Medical Affairs scientific and medical strategies are aligned with broader corporate and patient needs. He/she is expected to have a strong commitment to achieving corporate objectives while maintaining the highest ethical, regulatory and scientific standards.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Partner with opinion leaders (OLs) to gather information on current focused therapeutic area issues and questions.
- Provide clinical leadership in interactions with external stakeholders (medical experts, advisory boards, patient advocacy groups) and internal stakeholders (Research, Development, and Commercial)
- Work closely with Medical Science Liaisons (MSLs) to provide appropriate education and training. Provide support, participation and insight in MSL activities, such as KOL interactions.
- Provide medical expertise to the Medical Information group and Medical Communications group; participate in a cross-functional team that identifies and addresses emerging medical inquiries; reviews documents created to support Medical Affairs external communications
- Provide medical support to promotional and legal review committees
- Provide medical support as needed on non-company sponsored studies, non-interventional studies and investigator sponsored studies.
- MD, Board certified hematologist or oncologist preferred
- Strong knowledge of hematology, and in particular, strong depth of knowledge in leukemias and lymphomas
- Working knowledge of biostatistics and pharmacokinetics
- Possess an understanding of applicable US and EU drug development regulations and GCP regulations
- Pharmaceutical clinical research experience
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-based environment with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills
- Detail-oriented, with excellent planning, time management and organizational skills, and the ability to work independently while organizing multiple tasks and meeting aggressive deadlines
- Proven ability to develop internal relationships, as well as external relationships with opinion leaders and industry experts
- Ability to engage in positive dialogues, influence outcomes and resolve conflict in a constructive manner
Kite Pharma, an equal opportunity employer, is located in beautiful Santa Monica, CA just steps from Santa Monica Blvd and right off the 10. We are able to offer the opportunity to be part of our successful, fast growing company. A place everyone knows your name and respects your opinion while at the same time offering benefits and time off packages commensurate to any large corporation. To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your resume or CV, cover letter and salary requirements. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.