Senior Manager, Supply Chain - Logistics
Supply Chain | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
Kite Pharma Inc, founded in 2009, is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel cancer immunotherapy products designed to harness the power of a patient’s own immune system to fight tumor cells. Our core technology involves the genetic engineering of T cells, or white blood cells, to express either chimeric antigen receptors (CARs) or T cell receptors (TCRs) for the treatment of advanced hematological and solid malignancies. We are rapidly growing with a highly energized and accomplished team that is science-based in focus while striving for flawless execution to provide commercially approved products to help patients fight cancer. Kite is publically traded, and our current market cap exceeds $2.5 billion dollars.
The Senior Manager, Supply Chain Logistics is part of the Logistics & Customer Solutions organization. This role is responsible for the selection and deployment of optimal logistics solutions that address inbound and outbound temperature-controlled (cold chain) requirements for distribution of Raw Materials, Intermediate and Final Product in the US and EU.
- Develop, implement, manage and maintain robust inbound & outbound cold chain logistics processes (transportation, warehousing, distribution and supplies) while maintaining high value biopharmaceutical product integrity and chain of custody/Chain of Identity.
- Manage the relationship and performance of logistics partners
- Develop, achieve buy-in for, & implement effective logistics strategies to achieve Kite Pharma goals.
- Provide logistical support & expertise to Kite Pharma’s new product launches and product geographical expansion launches.
- Identify, initiate, and manage cross-functional logistics projects using appropriate project management expertise & methodologies.
- Develop monitoring & measurement methods & indices for departmental & partner performance.
- Identify, develop and incorporate GDP guidelines into Kite Pharma procedures.
- Support shipping and transport validation/qualification.
- Manage and support root cause analysis and implementation of corrective actions for logistics deviations and exceptions.
- Develop continuous improvement plans for Kite Pharma’s Logistics infrastructure
- Work collaboratively with both internal & external partners to achieve business goals
- Enforce the corporate compliance as it pertains to transportation of goods domestically and internationally
- Mentor, coach, & develop Logistics personnel
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA a plus
- 5 years in a Supply Chain role with experience in cold chain pharmaceutical Logistics and Good Distribution Practices
- 2 years Project Management experience with knowledge of current PM best practices & tools
- APICS certification a plus
Kite Pharma, an equal opportunity employer, is located in beautiful Santa Monica, CA just steps from Santa Monica Blvd and right off the 10. We are able to offer the opportunity to be part of the first 500 employees in this successful, fast growing company. A place everyone knows your name and respects your opinion while at the same time offering benefits and time off packages commensurate to any large corporation. Did we forget to mention the stock options? To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your resume or CV, cover letter and salary requirements. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.