Senior Manager, Supply Chain
Operations | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
Kite Pharma Inc, founded in 2009, is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel cancer immunotherapy products designed to harness the power of a patient’s own immune system to fight tumor cells. Our core technology involves the genetic engineering of T cells, or white blood cells, to express either chimeric antigen receptors (CARs) or T cell receptors (TCRs) for the treatment of advanced hematological and solid malignancies. We are rapidly growing with a highly energized and accomplished team that is science-based in focus while striving for flawless execution to provide commercially approved products to help patients fight cancer. Kite is publically traded, and our current market cap exceeds $2.5 billion dollars.
The Senior Manager, Supply Chain is responsible for managing requests for material master creation, changes and maintenance with respect to companywide processes and procedures for Commercial, Clinical and Raw Material Basic and Quality Master Data for Oracle E Business Suite (EBS) and Kinaxis Rapid Response. This position is the focal point for Material Master Data creation and maintenance and requires collaboration with cross functional departments to develop master data business rules and processes that support operational efficiency through the organization.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Accountable for achieving data accuracy targets and service level agreements for internal metrics reporting
• Supports testing of material creation and workflow in the ERP system in accordance with scheduled timelines
• Own NC and CAPA records and manage Change Control records for related processes
• Provide business process guidance to internal clients on the workflow process
• Monitor functional area data quality reports and metrics identifying master data errors and identify revisions to data quality reports, new tools and/or processes to proactively prevent, identify, monitor and correct master data errors to resolution
• Develop and collate monthly department metrics, share with key stakeholders on a regular basis
• Create new procedures and processes to drive desired results
• Execute specific projects and business cases as required
• Provide timely updates to stakeholders on status of readiness activities and related projects
• Apply analytical skills to evaluate and interpret complex situations/problems using multiple sources of information
• Identify and analyzes complex problems and opportunities to streamline departmental activities and lead projects to drive improvements
• Partner with all relevant stakeholders to share and implement best practices
• Maintain training material for the team and train internal team members on master data processes
• Upholds global master data governance processes
• Master's Degree and 3 years of operations or supply chain experience OR Bachelor's Degree and 5 years of operations or supply chain experience OR Associate's degree and 10 years of operations or supply chain experience
• Material, Production, Planning Master data and Quality Management and Inspection plan experience in Oracle E Business Suite and Kinaxis Rapid Response
• Experience with Change Control Management System
• Understands advanced supply chain concepts
• Experience with industry regulations, GMP, compliance and pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology processes
• Ability to evaluate and adhere to company operating procedures as well as hold others accountable to SOP adherence
• Understands the Kite commercialization process
• Ability to determine root cause analysis of problems of moderate scope and complexity
• Anticipates and prevents potential problems
• Seeks continuous improvement of processes and procedures, initiates and coordinates improvement initiatives. Work closely with peers, partners and global counterparts to achieve global alignment, leveraging Operational Excellence methodologies
• Ability to establish relationships with key stakeholders across multiple functional
areas, both onsite and virtually
• Excellent organizational and communication skills, communicating concisely and timely to clients’ requests
• Excellent interpersonal skills; enthusiastic, team player and self-starter; serious
commitment to quality and excellence
• Takes ownership in driving tasks and project deliverables to completion
• Ability to productively navigate a challenging and dynamic environment, with rapidly changing priorities, managing multiple projects, re-prioritizing as required
• Understanding of database fundamentals
• Works under minimal direction
Kite Pharma, an equal opportunity employer, is located in beautiful Santa Monica, CA just steps from Santa Monica Blvd and right off the 10. We are able to offer the opportunity to be part of the first 500 employees in this successful, fast growing company. A place everyone knows your name and respects your opinion while at the same time offering benefits and time off packages commensurate to any large corporation. Did we forget to mention the stock options? To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your resume or CV, cover letter and salary requirements. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.