Senior Manager, Strategic Planning and Portfolio Management
Strategy and Business Operations | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
Kite Pharma is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as a Manager/Senior Manager, Strategic Planning and Portfolio Management. This role will serve as key program/project manager and organizational change agent by collaborating with key stakeholders to deliver scalable, efficient, sustainable and cross-functional solutions in support of Technical Operation’s needs This role will leverage project management and operational excellence best practices to oversee and drive processes, continuous improvement activities, strategy development, business planning and associated support tool deployment.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Proactively manages teams and works with stakeholders to define and implement strategic initiatives.
- Create and maintain high-performance, well-motivated project teams as assigned. Supports and coaches the team members in the management of interfaces with the related functions.
- Monitor and support the implementation of strategic or operational decisions and projects as assigned.
- Provide financial and strategic analysis of decision options, and make recommendation to senior management.
- Helps manage the Technical Operations project and program portfolio tracking and reporting.
- Works with leadership to develop the organization’s operating model including key performance indicators and metrics.
- Works with team members to support the development and communication of Technical Operations annual strategy and goal process.
- Develops leadership team cadence based upon stakeholder inputs and maintains up to date communication collateral.
- Works with team members and FP&A to deliver the Technical Operations annual budget.
- Works with commercial, finance and supply chain to provide analytical support for the S&OP, long range planning and capacity assessment activities.
- In collaboration with team members, develops and executes resource management planning and tracking. Makes recommendation on IT platforms, as necessary, to support resource management.
- Works with project teams and stakeholders to provide business case development and analysis support.
- Is responsible for tracking and communicating key Technical Operations metrics to leadership.
- Provides experienced project management support to the Technical Operations organization and other functions as needed.
- Works with HR and the team in support of Technical Operations strategic workforce planning.
- In-line with leadership expectations, support HR with learning, development and training activities as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, ideally with a focus in science or engineering.
- Ideal candidates will have an MBA or MS in a relevant discipline or equivalent business experience.
- 6-8+ years of related professional experience.
- Project Management Professional certification is preferred.
- Six Sigma or other OE-related certification is preferred.
- Should possess working knowledge of drug development and manufacturing processes in a health authority regulated environment.
- Prior experience managing projects, programs or portfolios in a strategic or product context is a must.
- Previous operational, consulting, and/or business management experience is an advantage.
- Ability to work with all levels of management and build relationships across disciplines.
- Exceptional skills in assessing, summarizing and presenting business or operational priorities and decision-points for effective, timely and efficient management/executive decision-making.
- Outstanding project management, planning, organization and time management skills. Can effectively and efficiently manage and complete multiple, large-scale and complex priorities and projects on-time and on-target.
- Superior problem-solving skills with proven abilities to anticipate issues and recommend effective and efficient solutions.
- Inspires trust and respect.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Kite Pharma is an equal opportunity employer based in Santa Monica, CA. Kite Pharma offers the opportunity to be part of a successful, fast growing company in a cross functional and collaborative environment.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.