Senior Manager, Logistics - Europe
Supply Chain | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Full Time
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognise and kill tumours. Kite Europe is headquartered in Stockley Park, UK and is currently adding additional talent as it focuses on developing the European Region in support of providing maximum access to patients with unmet needs. This role is based out of our office in Amsterdam.
Kite is seeking a highly motivated individual to lead European Logistics activities for our T cell therapy for cancer treatment. The Senior Manager, Logistics Europe will be responsible to support European distribution strategy for launching the personalized therapy, driving daily warehousing and transportation activities, manage service partners and suppliers and execute invoicing and intercompany flows. He/she will collaborate with cross-functional teams in Europe and US including Technical Operations, Commercial Operations, Quality and Finance to accomplish Kite’s objectives for product launch and lifecycle management.
Key Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Support the implementation of European distribution strategy
- Drive European warehousing and transportation activities:
- Manage in-house warehousing
- Interact with logistics suppliers on daily basis, manage performance, regular business reviews and reporting
- Identify operational improvement opportunities and lead their implementation
- Execute invoicing and intercompany flows
- Service Business with Order to cash daily management
- Partner with Finance and Tax
- Work closely with European QA team to ensure GMP compliance in Supply Chain Europe
- Owner of related business processes and systems
- Lead cross-border activities: customs and VAT activities
- Master’s degree with 10+ years or Bachelor’s degree in life sciences with 15+ years of relevant experience in the biotech and/or pharmaceutical industry
- The ideal candidate is well versed in all logistics and supply chain aspects, experienced in biopharma product launch and lifecycle management
- Proven knowledge of GMP, SOPs and quality processes
- Customs and Trade Compliance background
- Led Customer Service and/or Intercompany Team
- Proven experience in warehousing activities under GMP conditions preferably in cryogenic storage environment
- Familiarity of supplier or 3rd party service provider management
- Good business acumen in daily management of logistics activities, ability to prioritize business needs and focus/deliver results on high impact business requirements
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other applications
- Experience in business systems usage
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
- Ability to think critically and demonstrate troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration environment
Kite Pharma is an equal opportunity employer based in Amsterdam, Netherlands. Kite Pharma offers the opportunity to be part of a successful, fast-growing company in a cross-functional and collaborative environment.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.