Senior Manager/Associate Director, Publication Planning
Medical Affairs | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
Kite Pharma is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel cancer immunotherapy products designed to harness the power of a patient’s own immune system to selectively target and kill cancer cells. Our core technology involves the genetic engineering of T cells, or white blood cells, to express either chimeric antigen receptors (CARs) or T cell receptors (TCRs) for the treatment of advanced solid and hematological malignancies. We are on a rapid growth trajectory and have a highly energized and accomplished team. Kite is publicly traded (NASDAQ: KITE) with a current market capitalization well over $2 Billion.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as a Senior Manager/Associate Director, Publication Planning. This role is responsible for leading and managing strategic planning and tactical execution of global publications plan. The Sr Manager/Associate Director, Publications provides leadership to the cross-functional Global Publications Team to generate external medical communication strategies, including creation of scientific statements, publication gap analyses, and identification of appropriate target audiences. This role is also expected to directly contribute to the writing and development of publications. This position will report to the Director, Medical Communications.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Lead strategic planning and tactical execution of the global publication plan
- Provide leadership to the cross-functional Global Publications Team to drive strategic and tactical execution of company- and investigator-sponsored publication activities
- Directly contribute to all phases of medical writing for manuscripts, abstracts, and presentations
- Develop timelines and manage the process for development, review, approval, and submission of scientific and medical publications
- Manage internal and external medical writers and direct the process for content development and submission of manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals and for abstracts/presentations at medical and scientific congresses
- Identify, vet, and implement publication planning systems and technologies
- Serve as the primary contact for publications activities to all internal and external key stakeholders
- Build and maintain effective scientific and collaborative relationships with KOLs, HCPs, and aHCPs
- Work cross-functionally to lead and coordinate publication reviews with internal teams, company partners, and KOLs
- Collaborate across Clinical Development, Research, Medical Affairs, Clinical Operations, and other functions teams to drive external communication strategies and deliverable's
- Assist with planning and attend medical and scientific congresses to support publications and assess data presentations
- Build and drive publications budget
- Establish and drive best practices (e.g. compliance/SOP oversight, policy implementation, scientific statements, competitive literature monitoring) and deliver on them
- Advanced degree in life science (RN, PhD, Pharm D, MD)
- 5+ years of experience in industry (eg, biotech/pharmaceutical/medical device company, Contract Research Organization), academic research, or public health
- Experience in publications
- Understanding of good publication practices and guidance (GPP3, ICMJE), Sunshine Act, Pharma Code of Conduct, and other guidance related to scientific data communication
- Excellent organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work across multi-disciplinary groups and to lead decision-making discussions
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, communication, and collaborative skills with individuals, groups, and senior management (internal and external)
- Experience in hematology/oncology area or related therapeutic area preferred
- Working knowledge of medical affairs, clinical, legal, regulatory functions; pre- and post-launch experience is preferred
Kite Pharma, an equal opportunity employer, is located in beautiful Santa Monica, CA just steps from Santa Monica Blvd and right off the 10. We are able to offer the opportunity to be part of the first 300 employees in this successful, fast growing company. A place everyone knows your name and respects your opinion while at the same time offering benefits and time off packages commensurate to any large corporation. Did we forget to mention the stock options? To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your resume or CV, cover letter and salary requirements. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.