Senior Director, Supply Chain and Strategic Sourcing
Supply Chain | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
Kite Pharma, Inc., founded in 2009, is dedicated to the development and commercialization of novel cancer immunotherapy products designed to harness the power of a patient’s own immune system to fight tumor cells. We are a dynamic and accomplished team with an exciting growth trajectory for the coming year.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual for the role of Senior Director, Supply Chain and Strategic Sourcing to oversee the supply chain management function in connection with the procurement of materials, parts, components, systems, and equipment in connection with our immunotherapy products.
Responsibilities (include but limited to):
- Logistics: Develop and manage the logistics function. This includes manufacturing/contract manufacturing, shipping of intermediates and final product. Work closely with CMOs and CROs along with other contracted service providers to assure seamless operation of clinical trials and eventual commercial supplies. Develop and implement product and process intermediate automation tracking tool for Kite cellular immunotherapy products.
- Procurement and Sourcing: Develop and manage the procurement and purchasing functions. This includes contract negotiations and pricing. Also, assure all critical supplies are available when needed and alternate vendors are qualified and in place.
- Supply Management: Develop and implement warehouse management and supplier controls. This includes inventory control, material handling, import-export licensing, product shipment and third party warehousing. Use automated technology such as RFID, bar code scanning and inventory management software. Develop and implement an ERP solution working collaboratively with IT, Finance and other operations teams.
- Policies and Procedures: Developing policies, logistics plans and procedures for supply chain operations and related activities.
- Data Analysis: Develop tools for production planning and volume studies, and participate in process improvement efforts including 6 Sigma, LEAN and other risk mitigation and efficiency efforts.
- Inventory Management: Provide financial reporting and reconciliation of inventories.
- Vendor Management: Interacts professionally with vendors and peers in manufacturing, sales, finance, and product development personnel to optimize systems and procedures.
- Recruit, train and manage staff: Develop and manage integrated and professional supply chain organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 8 or more years in a related supply chain/procurement/Logistics/sourcing role with at least 4 leading the function.
- Prior employment at a biotech or pharmaceutical company in similar role.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (advanced degree preferred)
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, Project, statistical software, ERP and other applications
- Experience with ERP systems including working with user requirements and implementation teams.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
Kite Pharma, an equal opportunity employer, is located in beautiful Santa Monica, CA just steps from Santa Monica Blvd and right off the 10. We are able to offer the opportunity to be part of the first 100 employees in this successful, fast growing company. A place everyone knows your name and respects your opinion while at the same time offering benefits and time off packages commensurate to any large corporation. Did we forget to mention the stock options? To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your resume or CV, cover letter and salary requirements. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.