Senior Director, EU Engineering, Facilities and Maintenance
Manufacturing | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Full Time
Kite, a Gilead Company, is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognise and kill tumours. Kite Europe, is headquartered in Stockley Park, UK and is currently adding additional talent to its operation in the Netherlands as it focuses on developing the European Region in support of providing maximum access to patients with unmet needs. This role is based in Amsterdam.
The Senior Director, EU Engineering, Facilities and Maintenance is responsible for leading a team of Engineering and facilities professionals in a commercial pharmaceutical environment. This includes oversite of the engineering and maintenance of the building utilities, HVAC, control systems, equipment maintenance and calibration. The position is also responsible for ensuring the ongoing planning and execution of building repairs and upkeep and leading the teams that do the day-to-day activities of security, pest control, maintenance, calibration, janitorial activities, and associated contractors.
Key Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Oversite of all engineering, maintenance and facilities at the TCF-04 facility in Europe
- Develops and gains approval of CAPEX budget and projects
- Ensure that all facility utilities are 100% operational and maintained in support for production and QC laboratory activities
- Develop and execute plans for calibration and maintenance of production equipment, utilities, including compressed gases, liquid nitrogen, temperature controls, production controls and HVAC
- Manage facility support contractors, including security and pest control
- Lead teams that resolve and repair facility support systems safely and expeditiously, startup and shutdown facility systems, maintain up to date records for all country and local requirements
- Lead the preparation of facility budget including capital investments
- Establish and organize records keeping of maintenance and calibration activities according to cGMP
- Recommend solutions and implements appropriate corrective action for major or complex maintenance issues using good documentation practices
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline or related field or equivalent experience required, advanced degree preferred with at least 10 years of manufacturing engineering, facility supervisory experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry
- Experience being a leader or leaders that work on mechanical, electrical, HVAC, boilers, water systems and compressed gases
- Experience with Building Management software strongly preferred
- Control automation and PLC experience is a plus
- Able to build and lead team
- Ability to write department operational/maintenance and engineering SOP’s
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- High energy level and a positive outlook coupled with the requisite “can do” attitude and a willingness to do what it takes to achieve personal and organizational goals and overcome obstacles
- Willingness to think outside of the box and adopt best practices to our small, but growing environment
- Ability to adapt in a constantly evolving environment
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership in areas of responsibility
Kite Pharma is an equal opportunity employer based in Amsterdam, in the Netherlands. Kite Pharma offers the opportunity to be part of a successful, fast-growing company in a cross-functional and collaborative environment.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.