Senior Coordinator, Facilities and Maintenance
Facilities | El Segundo, CA | Full Time
Senior Coordinator, Facilities and Maintenance
Kite Pharma, Inc. is focused on the development and commercialization of novel cancer immunotherapy products designed to harness the power of a patient’s own immune system to eradicate cancer cells. We believe our immunotherapy is a market-redefining approach to the treatment of cancer. We are an innovative and growing company located in beautiful Santa Monica and have a highly energized and accomplished team. We had one of the most successful biotechnology IPOs in 2014 and have a current market capitalization of well over $2.5 billion (NASDAQ: KITE).
We are seeking a Senior Coordinator, Facilities and Maintenance to oversee a 39,000 square foot biotechnology facility in El Segundo, CA that includes general laboratories for bio-processing. In addition to facilities oversight activities, the Senior Facilities and Maintenance Coordinator will assist in the operation and maintenance of the company’s facility and process equipment for production of cell-based therapeutics.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain a safe work environment; work in a safe manner following all safety SOP’s and wear Personal Protective Equipment as required.
- Read and follow SOP’s for the site and Manufacturing.
- Plan, schedule, issue, perform, and close corrective, preventive maintenance, and calibration work orders.
- Coordinate maintenance work and project activities.
- Maintain Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Perform training for personnel working with the CMMS.
- Perform CMMS audits and maintain system metrics.
- Maintain equipment records including new equipment forms and system life cycle documentation.
- Maintain all incoming new equipment.
- Participate in maintaining maintenance and calibration Purchase Orders.
- Maintain and support all equipment being sent to vendors for maintenance or calibration.
- Work closely with Quality Control, Manufacturing, Materials Management and Quality Assurance to ensure Facilities activities do not impact plant schedules.
- Maintains inventory of critical spare parts.
- Facilitate daily and weekly work planning meetings with Maintenance, Operations, and other departments.
- Escort and monitor corrective, preventative maintenance and calibration technicians in GMP and general facilities areas.
- Maintain accurate records keeping equipment and systems cGMP compliant at all times.
- Monitor general and GMP cleaning activities along with site pest control.
- Review and maintain accurate cleaning and pest control records.
- Develop maintenance shutdown schedules integrating all activities into one comprehensive plan.
- Act as a liaison with vendors and contractors.
- Support the qualification and / or validation of facilities equipment and utilities.
- Work independently and make sound judgments regarding work methods and tools.
- Proactively support the Corporations, Companies, Departments and Personal goals and objectives.
- Plan facilities changes for plant, office and production equipment layouts, working toward economy of operation, maximum use of facilities and equipment and compliance with laws and regulations.
- Assist in all facility services including physical security, waste removal, recycling, central services, office furnishings and office equipment, garment services, and janitorial.
- Assist in the selection and monitor the performance of outside contractors and vendors
- Ensure manufacturing and all labs and lab personnel are supported to meet business needs, including: lab gasses, equipment service contracts, and safety equipment.
- Participate in planning and execution of facility improvements.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies including FDA, CA FDB, OSHA, DOH, EPA, Fire Department, city audits, Health Department, etc.
- Maintain your Technical Training Profile current with no delinquent notices.
- Able to work after hours and on call as needed; weekend shift support and shutdowns.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- High School diploma, relevant trade certification, and some college or vocational training in engineering or facilities
- At least 5 years of maintenance experience in a biotech or pharmaceutical company with direct experience with GMP facility operation preferred
- At least 3 years of experience as a maintenance scheduler or coordinator
- Exposure to operations involving engineering disciplines including Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, Structural, Environmental, and Industrial
- Demonstrated understanding of systems needed to manage a GMP facility such as: HVAC, electrical, process systems, plumbing/piping, pneumatics, automation, general maintenance, pest management, both interior and exterior
- Intermediate Blue Prints and Drawings Skills Must be able to lift, carry, push and/or pull 50 lb. of equipment or supplies
- Must be able to squat, bend, kneel, climb, and or reach for 75% of a shift
- Must be able to stand, walk, and/or move about for 75% of a shift
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities