Senior Analyst, Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)
Human Resources | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
Reporting to the Director of Compensation, Benefits, & HRIS, the Senior HRIS Analyst is an integral member of the team to contribute to the advancement of strategic business objectives. The primary focus of this position is to support the implementation and on-going administration, maintenance, and management of Kite’s Human Resource Information System (Workday) in addition to other HR related systems. This individual serves as the subject matter expert and technical point-of-contact for Workday to ensure data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities. The Senior HRIS Analyst will also supports Workday upgrades, patches, testing and other technical projects as assigned.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Serves as the subject matter and technical expert for HCM data, system/business process configuration, reporting, and data analysis.
- Leads implementations, systems updates, and work with vendors to test changes to ensure systems and processes are working as designed.
- Works collaboratively with human resources team members to troubleshoot, research, and escalate issues as necessary
- Responsible for preparing reports on data summaries, changes and trends for management as well for making alterations to existing programs to gather and report data as necessary.
- Provides support and guidance for troubleshooting system issues to other HR team members
- Responsible for system configuration including modules updates, business process/workflow setup and modification, security, etc. as determined by business requirements. Liaison between vendors and/or internal customers to identify requirements and make system changes to processes.
- Develops, review and updates system documentation in the event of changes or new implementation
- Troubleshoots system and integration issues by identifying root cause and implements/oversees required correction to prevent recurrence.
- Updates system documentation as necessary to include changes to system configuration.
- Designs and delivers HR-related metrics and reporting solutions for use in business planning, analysis and forecasting. Create dashboards and report templates for all levels of management.
- Support end users through analysis, and if necessary, re-creation of the issue to determine the root
- Communicates system and process changes to project team members across the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Business Administration, or equivalent experience required.
- 5+ years of HRIS experience with a major HRM platform (Workday, SAP, Peoplesoft)
- Experience in system life-cycle phase, requirements, analysis, design, testing, implementation, and support preferred
- Advanced knowledge of reporting tool usage
- Intermediate problem solving and analytical skills, with an understanding of core HR business practices (HRIS, Compensation, Benefits, Recruiting, and Shared Services).
- Excellent statistical, analytical, and project management skills.
- Must have experience implementing HRIS systems and a high degree of proficiency in Workday
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work independently, and manage multiple projects
- Knowledge of pertinent state, federal, and local regulatory requirements; international experience highly preferred