Senior Analyst, Compensation
Human Resources | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
The Senior Compensation Analyst provides broad-based compensation support, administration, and strategic input for Kite’s programs and processes to advance strategic business objectives. The role is expected to provide consultative support in areas including job design, job evaluation, competitive benchmarking, and design and implementation of incentives. With guidance, analyzes, recommends, communicates, and administers cash compensation programs, short term incentives, long term equity awards and recognition programs as part of Kite’s Total Rewards Program.
The role will also work with cross-functional project teams including Human Resources Business Partners to develop new career structures that align with our peer market and address client needs. In collaboration with Human Resources Management, plans and administers the annual compensation program, ensuring that client data and reporting needs are satisfied.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Demonstrates solid working knowledge and experience in the administration of compensation as it relates to the FLSA, market price job evaluation, competitiveness analysis, and short- and long-term incentives; sales/incentive compensation is a plus
- Prepares compensation related reports and regularly audits data to ensure compliance with internal policies and practices
- Performs analysis and planning to continuously improve compensation programs and processes.
- Partners closely with human resource business partners and client groups to perform job evaluations and design of new career structures
- Manages global compensation survey participation and analysis
- Provides support in the administration of the stock equity program
- Develops and documents procedures to streamline processes and ensure compliance with internal policies and regulatory requirements.
- Collaborates with other human resources team members on a variety of activities, including program design, analysis, budget, and compensation projects.
- Ensures through audits, reports and personal contact that compensation activities are consistently administered in compliance with company policies and government regulations.
- Contributes on enterprise-wide compensation programs and processes
- BA/BS degree plus a minimum 3 years’ experience in compensation or compensation-related roles, finance, HRIS (preferably Workday), or human resources, including use of market data and extensive analytical work; advanced degree is a plus
- Pharmaceutical or biotech industry experience highly preferred, but not required
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) is preferred, SPHR and other HR-related certifications a plus
- Excellent statistical, analytical, and project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work independently, and manage multiple projects
- Intermediate-to-advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; familiarity with Access a plus
Kite Pharma is an equal opportunity employer based in Santa Monica, CA. Kite Pharma offers the opportunity to be part of a successful, fast growing company in a cross functional and collaborative environment.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.