Scientist, T-Cell Development
Product Sciences | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join Product Sciences in the early stage development group. This scientist will support efforts leading to the development of novel technologies and processes for cell therapy manufacturing.
Under minimal supervision, the successful candidate will be expected to perform experiments, organize and analyze results and communicate and present findings in team meetings. You will also be asked to perform other duties as required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, optimize and establish an in house engineered T cell production process using viral and non viral vector platforms;
- Optimize T cell isolation, enrichment, activation, transduction, expansion and cryopreservation;
- Optimize media and culture conditions, phenotype engineered T cells;
- Evaluate new technologies for engineered T cell manufacturing;
- Develop analytical methods to improve process efficiency;
- Analyze and present scientific results; document study results for enabling clinical studies;
- Organize and prioritize work to meet timelines;
- Work independently.
- Work with a cross-functional product sciences team to advance the development of autologous T cell therapy products
- Other duties as assigned
- Ph.D. degree in cellular biology, virology, immunology or a closely related field with 0- 5 years of relevant training or industry experience preferred
- Expertise in cell culture process development, preferably in cell therapy
- Familiar with blood processing, cell technologies and cell process automation
- Experience with T cell product generation, preferably chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) based or TCR-engineered T-cells
- Experience with flow cytometry and T cell phenotyping
- Hands-on expertise with tissue culture of cell lines and primary cells
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
Kite Pharma, an equal opportunity employer, is located in beautiful Santa Monica, CA just steps from Santa Monica Blvd and right off the 10. We are able to offer the opportunity to be part of the first 500 employees in this successful, fast growing company. A place everyone knows your name and respects your opinion while at the same time offering benefits and time off packages commensurate to any large corporation. Did we forget to mention the stock options? To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.