Scientist / Senior Research Associate, Flow Cytometry
Product Sciences | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
Kite is seeking a talented individual with T-cell analytical development experience to work in Product Sciences on innovative T cell therapy for cancer treatment. The Scientist/SRA will be assisting in flow cytometric analytical characterization of cell therapy products, maturation of research analytical methodology into development and GMP, and analytical method technology transfer from to Kite contract vendors. You will also be assisting in planning and executing laboratory studies, analyze experimental data and carefully document resultant information. You will participate in laboratory activities to support analytical and process development as well as the characterization of Kite’s autologous T cell products.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist in developing, qualifying, executing and documenting flow cytometry methods to study and characterize processes for production of autologous T cell therapies in Product Sciences
- Maintain, calibrate and operate flow cytometry analytical equipment and instruments
- Assist in transferring flow cytometry assays to QC or contract organizations
- Assist in developing standard operating procedures, analytical test methods and analytical sampling plans
- Work with a cross-functional team to advance development of autologous T cell therapy products
- Assist in designing and executing method development and qualification in support of lead candidate selection, process development, product release and stability, and product characterization
- Assist in designing and executing experimental approaches and new analytical technologies and assists with continuous improvement of analytical tools
- Other duties as assigned
- Ph.D. with at least 1 year experience in industry
- M.Sc with at least 3 years’ experience in industry
- Demonstrated knowledge of developing flow cytometry methods, and technical knowledge of instrument and method controls.
- Ability to follow laboratory procedures with attention to detail, and successfully execute experiments at the bench
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
- Ability to think critically and demonstrate troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent skill in Microsoft word, Excel and data analysis
- Ability to lift over 30 lbs
Kite Pharma, an equal opportunity employer, is located in beautiful Santa Monica, CA just steps from Santa Monica Blvd and right off the 10. We are able to offer the opportunity to be part of the first 500 employees in this successful, fast growing company. A place everyone knows your name and respects your opinion while at the same time offering benefits and time off packages commensurate to any large corporation. To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your resume or CV, cover letter and salary requirements. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.