Scientist, Analytical Development
Product Sciences | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
Kite Pharma, Inc. is focused on the development and commercialization of novel cancer immunotherapy products designed to harness the power of a patient’s own immune system to eradicate cancer cells. We believe our immunotherapy is a market-redefining approach to the treatment of cancer. We are an innovative and growing company located in beautiful Santa Monica and have a highly energized and accomplished team. We had one of the most successful biotechnology IPOs in 2014 and have a current market capitalization of well over $2.5 billion (NASDAQ: KITE).
Kite is seeking a highly motivated individual with cell culture and analytical experience to work on innovative T cell therapy for cancer treatment. The Scientist will be responsible for analytical characterization of cell therapy products, maturation of research analytical methodology into development and GMP, and analytical method technology transfer from to Kite contract vendors. You will also be responsible to plan and execute laboratory studies, analyze experimental data and carefully document resultant information. You will draft and review protocols and process development reports, and work with the Product Sciences, Research and Quality Control teams to design and execute cell therapy processes and participate in laboratory activities to support analytical and process development as well as the characterization of Kite’s autologous T cell products.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, execute and document analytical methods to study and characterize processes for production of autologous T cell therapies
- Maintain, calibrate and operate cell analytical equipment and instruments including FACS
- Assist in the development of standard operating procedures, analytical test methods, analytical sampling plans and batch records
- Write, review and edit accurate technical documents
- Work with a cross-functional development team to advance development of autologous T cell therapy products
- Develop or adapt analytical methods for cell therapy products and develop process improvements and efficiencies
- Design and execute process development studies to develop a thorough understanding of operating and performance parameters
- Other duties as assigned
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology or related discipline with at least 5 years of laboratory experience
- Analytical method development and qualification experience
- Previous experience with cell therapy products is a plus
- Prior experience with analytical method development and execution for cell therapy products
- Ability to design and execute laboratory procedures with attention to detail, successfully execute experiments at the bench and work with and lead others.
- Excellent understating of cellular processes and metabolism
- Experience with human primary cells, including T cells, and flow cytometry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing of biotechnology products, aseptic processing, cell therapy products, analytical method development, technology transfer, method qualification/validation and process development
- Ability to think critically, and demonstrated troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
- Excellent skill in Microsoft word, Excel and data analysis
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
Kite Pharma, an equal opportunity employer, is located in beautiful Santa Monica, CA just steps from Santa Monica Blvd and right off the 10. We are able to offer the opportunity to be part of the first 100 employees in this successful, fast growing company. A place everyone knows your name and respects your opinion while at the same time offering benefits and time off packages commensurate to any large corporation. Did we forget to mention the stock options? To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your resume or CV, cover letter and salary requirements. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.