Research Associate or Senior Research Associate, Translational M
Research | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
Kite Pharma, Inc. is focused on the development and commercialization of novel cancer immunotherapy products designed to harness the power of a patient’s own immune system to eradicate cancer cells. We believe our immunotherapy is a market-redefining approach to the treatment of cancer. We are an innovative and growing company located in beautiful Santa Monica and have a highly energized and accomplished team. We had one of the most successful biotechnology IPOs in 2014 and have a current market capitalization of well over $2 billion (NASDAQ: KITE).
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as a Research Associate or Senior Research Associate of Translational Medicine. You will work with the research team in supporting our efforts in this exciting new area of cancer immunotherapy. Under minimal supervision, the successful candidate will be expected to perform experiments, organize and analyze results, and communicate and present findings in team meetings. You will also be asked to perform other duties as required. In this role you will report to a Senior Scientist.
- The Research Associate level requires at least 2 years of related industry experience in a lab environment with a Master’s Degree or at least 4 years of related industry experience in a lab environment with a Bachelor’s Degree
- The Senior Research Associate level requires at least 5 years of related industry experience in a lab environment with a Master’s Degree or at least 8 years of related industry experience in a lab environment with a Bachelor’s Degree
- Familiarity in the areas of tumor biology, immunology and immuno-oncology
- Experience with assay development and qualification, and immunoassay technologies such as, but not limited to, flow cytometry, standard ELISA, MSD and Luminex
- High-throughput experience with aforementioned immunoassay technologies strongly recommended
- Hands-on expertise with tissue culture of cell lines and primary cells
- Experience with culturing human T cells and/or PBMCs is highly desirable
- Knowledge of emerging technologies (i.e. digital PCR, next-generation sequencing, NanoString, multi-analyte immunohistochemistry etc) is highly desirable
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills
- Experience using both written and verbal communication, including presentations, to communicate results to a diverse cross-functional audience
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Self-motivated and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
Kite Pharma, an equal opportunity employer, is located in beautiful Santa Monica, CA just steps from Santa Monica Blvd and right off the 10. We are able to offer the opportunity to be part of the first 200 employees in this successful, fast growing company. A place everyone knows your name and respects your opinion while at the same time offering benefits and time off packages commensurate to any large corporation. Did we forget to mention the stock options? To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your resume or CV, cover letter and salary requirements. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.