Research Associate, In Vivo Pharmacology
Research | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
Kite, a Gilead Company, is a biopharmaceutical company based in Santa Monica, California. Kite is engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term, durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system’s ability to recognize and kill tumors. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with technical report writing and cell culture experience to work on innovative T cell therapies for cancer treatment. The successful candidate will play an integral role as a key team member of the Research group, focused on the documentation and data verification of pre-clinical studies necessary for regulatory filings. You will also be expected to support similar pre-clinical studies in the laboratory setting. Under minimal supervision, you will be expected to organize and analyze results, verify data collected from multiple sources, perform experiments, and communicate and present findings in team meetings. You will also be asked to perform other duties as required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform data verification of technical reports necessary for regulatory filings
- Successfully execute and document laboratory procedures and experiments with great attention to detail
- Maintain multiple different cell lines necessary for the development of engineered cell therapies
- Work with a cross-functional research team to advance the development of autologous T cell therapy products
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in immunology or a closely-related field with at least 3 years of relevant laboratory experience in cellular and/or tumor immunology (industry experience preferred)
- Experience with writing study reports in an industry setting
- Strong organizational and record-keeping skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent aseptic/sterile techniques and prior experience of culturing of cell lines and primary cells (human T cells and/or PBMCs highly desirable)
- Proficiency in the in vitro analysis of immune cells, including multi-parameter flow cytometry, Luminex® assays and qPCR
- Self-motivated and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to think critically, and demonstrated troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
Kite Pharma is an equal opportunity employer based in beautiful Santa Monica, CA. Kite Pharma offers the opportunity to be part of a successful, fast growing company in a cross functional and collaborative environment.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.