Research Associate, Immunoassay and Molecular Biology
Product Sciences | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
Kite is seeking a highly motivated individual with cell culture and analytical experience to work on innovative T cell therapy for cancer treatment. The successful candidate will play an integral role as a key team member of the Product Sciences team, focused on the development and analytical characterization of Kite’s autologous T cell products. Under minimal supervision, you will be expected to perform experiments, organize and analyze results, and communicate and present findings in team meetings.
Responsibilities (include but limited to):
- Execute and document analytical methods to study and characterize processes for production of autologous T cell therapies in Product Sciences
- Maintain, calibrate and operate equipment and instruments supporting cell bioassays, Flow Cytometry, ELISA and PCR assays
- Assist in the development of standard operating procedures, analytical test methods, analytical sampling plans and batch records
- Write, review and edit accurate technical documents
- Work with a cross-functional team to advance development of autologous T cell therapy products
- execute qualification in support of lead candidate selection, process development, product release and stability, and product characterization
- Successfully execute and document laboratory procedures and experiments with great attention to detail
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in biotechnology or related field required (or relevant experience)
- At least 2 years of experience in similar role in a laboratory, preferably at least 1 year of lab experience within the industry
- This position requires experience with flow cytometry, cell based bioassays and ELISA or PCR techniques
- Ability to follow laboratory procedures with attention to detail, and successfully execute experiments at the bench.
- Experience with other techniques in molecular biology, such as RT-PCR is a plus
- Previous experience with cell therapy products is a plus
- Ability to think critically and demonstrate troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent skill in Microsoft word, Excel and data analysis
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
- While most of the schedule will be during a standard work-week, there will be occasional weekend work required
- Ability to lift over 30 lbs
Kite Pharma, an equal opportunity employer, is located in beautiful Santa Monica, CA just steps from Santa Monica Blvd and right off the 10. We are able to offer the opportunity to be part of the first 500 employees in this successful, fast growing company. A place everyone knows your name and respects your opinion while at the same time offering benefits and time off packages commensurate to any large corporation. Did we forget to mention the stock options? To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.