Research Associate, Cell Culture
Product Sciences | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
Kite Pharma, Inc. is focused on the development and commercialization of novel cancer immunotherapy products designed to harness the power of a patient’s own immune system to eradicate cancer cells. We believe our immunotherapy is a market-redefining approach to the treatment of cancer. We are an innovative and growing company located in beautiful Santa Monica and have a highly energized and accomplished team. We had one of the most successful biotechnology IPOs in 2014 and have a current market capitalization of well over $2.5 billion (NASDAQ: KITE).
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with cell culture experience to work on innovative T cell therapy for cancer treatment. The Research Associate, Cell Culture will be responsible for cell culture media preparation, cell processing and expansion in a tissue culture facility, analytical characterization of the resultant cells, and equipment and instrument maintenance. He/she will also be responsible to plan and execute experiments, analyze experimental data and carefully document resultant information. The Research Associate, Cell Culture will draft and review protocols and process development reports, and work with the Product Sciences and Research teams to design and execute cell therapy processes and participate in laboratory activities to support process development and process characterization of Kite’s autologous T cell products.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Setup, monitor, sample and analyze cell culture processes.
- Maintain, calibrate and operate cell culture equipment and instruments.
- Maintain laboratory, monitor lab inventory and order supplies.
- Assist in the development of standard operating procedures and batch records.
- Assist in the writing, reviewing and editing of accurate technical documents.
- Participate and report to a cross-functional development team to advance production activities.
- Develop processes for cell therapy products and develop process improvements and efficiencies.
- Design and execute process development studies to develop a thorough understanding of operating and performance parameters.
- Must have 5+ years of laboratory experience.
- Excellent sterile techniques and prior experience with cell culture, cell culture equipment including Wave bioreactors, and aseptic technique.
- Ability to follow laboratory procedures with attention to detail, and successfully execute experiments at the bench.
- Demonstrated knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing of biotechnology products, aseptic processing, cell therapy products, and process development.
- Good understating of cellular metabolism.
- Experience with handling and propagation of human primary cells, including T cells.
- Ability to think critically, and demonstrated troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to function efficiently and independently in a changing environment.
- Self-motivated and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description.
- Excellent skill in Microsoft Word, Excel and data analysis.
- Occasional weekend work required
- Ability to lift over 30 lbs
Kite Pharma, an equal opportunity employer, is located in beautiful Santa Monica, CA just steps from Santa Monica Blvd and right off the 10. We are able to offer the opportunity to be part of the first 100 employees in this successful, fast growing company. A place everyone knows your name and respects your opinion while at the same time offering benefits and time off packages commensurate to any large corporation. Did we forget to mention the stock options? To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your resume or CV, cover letter and salary requirements. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.