Human Resources | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
Kite Pharma Inc, founded in 2009, is dedicated to the development and commercialization of novel cancer immunotherapy products designed to harness the power of a patient’s own immune system to fight tumor cells. We are a dynamic and accomplished team with an exciting growth trajectory for the coming year.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual for to join the Human Resources team to work in this exciting new area of cancer immunotherapy to assist in the acquisition of top talent. You will help the HR team with all aspects of the recruiting process. You'll perform and manage day-to-day applicant processing and recruiting activities, such as scheduling phone screens with hiring managers, coordinating and managing the onsite interview process and checking references. As you learn more about the company and the positions we are hiring, you will be able to grow into screening applicants in out online applicant tracking system and conduct initial phone screens on your own.
You'll report directly to and receive direction and mentorship the HR Manager, but you'll also be expected to work independently on various customer-service aspects of the recruiting process.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Schedule phone screens with hiring managers
- Manage the onsite interview process including the scheduling and reschedules as needed, greeting candidates, ensuring they are properly escorted to the next interviewer, seeing them as they depart and ensuring an overall positive candidate experience
- Maintain the interview files (application, NDA, CV, etc)
- Develop and maintain relationships with candidates
- Assist as needed in drafting job descriptions, posting roles online and ensuring that appropriate approvals have been obtained
- Assist in sourcing candidates as needed
- Review candidates online through the APS and provide feedback to managers and recruiters
- Conduct initial phone screens
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience; a degree in Human Resources Management or Scientific field
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience, preferably as a Recruiting Coordinator or HR Assistant
- Ability to regularly communicate highly confidential information to senior level candidates and maturity to maintain confidential information
- A desire to grow in the recruiting field to ultimately take on recruiting while still completing coordinator duties
- Exceptional customer service focus
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient in MS word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and related software
- Self-motivated and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
Kite Pharma, an equal opportunity employer, is located in beautiful Santa Monica, CA just steps from Santa Monica Blvd and right off the 10. We are able to offer the opportunity to be part of the first 100 employees in this successful, fast growing company. A place everyone knows your name and respects your opinion while at the same time offering benefits and time off packages commensurate to any large corporation. Did we forget to mention the stock options? To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your resume or CV, cover letter and salary requirements. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.