Supply Chain | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
Kite Pharma, Inc. is focused on the development and commercialization of novel cancer immunotherapy products designed to harness the power of a patient’s own immune system to eradicate cancer cells. We believe our immunotherapy is a market-redefining approach to the treatment of cancer. We are an innovative and growing company located in beautiful Santa Monica and have a highly energized and accomplished team. We had one of the most successful biotechnology IPOs in 2014 and have a current market capitalization of well over $2.5 billion (NASDAQ: KITE).
We are seeking a highly motivated individual for the role of Purchasing Manager to work in this exciting new area of cancer immunotherapy. The Purchasing Manager will be responsible for daily order processing and direct and indirect category management such as, but not limited to: office supplies, IT supplies, R &D lab supplies, standing and blanket orders, R &D supply centers and inventory levels management, Facilities /equipment PM services management.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for daily order processing utilizing Oracle Fusion Procurement software, ensuring on time deliveries
- Ensure compliance with existing operational policies and procedures
- Develop preferred supplier list within a category of spend and manage contract compliance
- Perform cost benefit analysis on planned purchases and utilize a computerized inventory management system to drive the use of preferred suppliers
- Evaluate competitive offerings to determine the overall best offer for goods or services – lab supplies RFQs and non- asset RFPs. When instructed obtains asset equipment quotes
- Develop a cost reduction, cost avoidance, cost containment program
- Collaborate with Lab Managers to develop min/max method and secure optimum inventory levels based on quarterly consumption and forecasts
- Review product availability and/or pricing information with lab suppliers, to get the best possible price and service guarantee
- Collaborate with Receiving department to ensure that goods are received per PO and undamaged
- Secures delivery of product to meet Kite Pharma deadline requirements, within budget and to appropriate quality standards
- Coordinate returns and obtain RMAs and required documents and report pricing errors to suppliers with follow up to receive credit or invoice
- Resolve complex lab supplies contracts and purchase order differences with suppliers
- Work with Finance Department to reconcile Vendor invoice discrepancies, and resolve 3-way match/ invoicing issues
- Create and monitor key purchasing metrics (CPIs) and monitor supplier performance to secure their high KPI levels and predetermined regulatory standards
- Other duties as assigned
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or Business with at least 5 years procurement experience in biotech/pharma setting
- Experience with lab supplies with R & D,PM services and indirect/direct category
- E-sourcing, P2P, reverse auction, market basked experience strongly preferred
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Procurement process knowledge, contract management, supplier analysis, strategic planning and spend volume- based leveraging integrated supply chain experience
- Track record of good project management able to analyze and interpret data to create effective strategies in Excel and PowerPoint, as well as reporting and analysis tools
- The Certified Professional in Supply Management® (CPSM®)
- Procurement and Sourcing professional coursework
- Ability to think critically, and demonstrated troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
Kite Pharma, an equal opportunity employer, is located in beautiful Santa Monica, CA just steps from Santa Monica Blvd and right off the 10. We are able to offer the opportunity to be part of the first 100 employees in this successful, fast growing company. A place everyone knows your name and respects your opinion while at the same time offering benefits and time off packages commensurate to any large corporation. Did we forget to mention the stock options? To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your resume or CV, cover letter and salary requirements. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.