Medical Science Liaison - Northern California
Medical Affairs | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
Medical Science Liaisons (MSLs) are field-based and report to a Regional Lead of MSLs within the Medical Affairs (MA) department. MSLs are scientifically trained professionals with strong clinical backgrounds who must have excellent communication skills. They are responsible for identifying, developing, and managing relationships with current and future hematology thought leaders in academic and community practices.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Exchange complex clinical and scientific information with the hematology community.
- Develop significant scientific relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and other disease experts.
- Provide clinical/scientific presentations to internal and external groups.
- Provide Medical Teams with feedback and insights from interactions and discussions with HCPs.
- Provide accrual enhancement activities at trial sites or referral centers
- Provide support at professional meetings, including staffing exhibits, reporting on scientific sessions, and facilitating meetings with KOLs.
- Adhere to corporate and healthcare compliance guidance in all activities, including those related to clinical trials, scientific interactions with internal and external groups, and responses to unsolicited requests for medical/scientific information.
- Maintain clinical, scientific, and technical expertise in oncology
- Represent the company and Medical Affairs during exchanges with the medical/scientific community.
- Establish and maintain ongoing long-term collaborative relationships with health-care professionals (including physicians and nurses) within their assigned territory.
- Respond to and document unsolicited requests for scientific information
- Provide clinical input and training to internal functions as requested
- Provide support for content development and delivery of clinical presentations at Advisory Boards.
- Work closely with other field based employees and headquarters based staff to rapidly respond to questions, issues, etc. from sites in the territory
- MD, PharmD, PhD, Advanced degreed RNs (eg BSN, MSN, ONS-certified)
- 3-5 years clinical oncology experience.
- Relationships with institutions and/or hospitals in territory
- Understanding of hospital hematology/oncology departments
- Previous medical device/pharmaceutical industry experience preferred
- Working knowledge of regulatory and compliance required
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills including excellent verbal and written communication
- Computer proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Adobe®
- Ability to travel frequently (50-70%), including overnight travel
Kite Pharma, an equal opportunity employer, is located in beautiful Santa Monica, CA just steps from Santa Monica Blvd and right off the 10. We are able to offer the opportunity to be part of the first 200 employees in this successful, fast growing company. A place everyone knows your name and respects your opinion while at the same time offering benefits and time off packages commensurate to any large corporation. Did we forget to mention the stock options? To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your resume or CV, cover letter and salary requirements. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.