Medical Science Liaison, Midwest
Medical Affairs | Chicago, IL | Full Time
Kite Pharma, Inc., is a biopharmaceutical company based in Santa Monica, California. Kite is engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term, durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system’s ability to recognize and kill tumors. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as a Medical Science Liaison (MSL). MSLs are scientifically trained professionals with strong clinical backgrounds who must have excellent communication skills. They are responsible for identifying, developing, and managing relationships with current and future hematology/oncology thought leaders (TLs) and other health care providers in academic and community practices. MSLs are field-based and report to a Regional Lead of MSLs within the Medical Affairs department. This role will support IL, IN and other locations as needed.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Engage in peer to peer scientific exchange of complex clinical and scientific information
- Develop and foster strong scientific relationships with TLs, disease experts, and other health care providers (HCPs)
- Provide clinical/scientific presentations to internal and external groups
- Compliantly provide internal teams with feedback and insights from interactions and discussions with HCPs
- Engage in accrual enhancement activities with clinical trial sites
- Provide support at professional meetings, including staffing exhibits, reporting on scientific sessions, and facilitating meetings with TLs
- Adhere to corporate and health care compliance guidance in all activities, including those related to clinical trials, scientific interactions with internal and external groups, and responses to unsolicited requests for medical/scientific information
- Maintain clinical, scientific, and technical expertise in hematology/oncology and company’s therapeutic area
- Represent the company and Medical Affairs during exchanges with the medical/scientific community
- Establish and maintain ongoing long-term collaborative relationships with HCPs (including physicians, nurses, and other allied health professionals) within assigned territory
- Respond to and document unsolicited requests for scientific information
- Provide clinical input and training to internal functions as requested
- Provide support for content development and delivery of clinical presentations at Advisory Boards
- Work closely with other field based employees and headquarters based staff to rapidly respond to questions from sites in the territory
- Advanced degree in life sciences (APN, PhD, PharmD, MD) required
- 3-5 years clinical experience in hematology strongly preferred
- Existing relationships with institutions and/or hospitals in territory strongly preferred
- Have a working understanding of hospital hematology/oncology departments and systems
- Previous medical device/pharmaceutical industry experience preferred
- Working knowledge of regulatory and compliance environment
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills including excellent verbal and written communication
- Computer proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe®
- Ability to travel frequently (50-70%), including overnight travel
Kite Pharma is an equal opportunity employer based in beautiful Santa Monica, CA. Kite Pharma offers the opportunity to be part of a successful, fast growing company in a cross functional and collaborative environment.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.