Medical Director, Clinical Development
Clinical Development | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company based in Santa Monica, California. Kite is engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term, durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system’s ability to recognize and kill tumors. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com.
This is an exceptional opportunity to gain experience in a successful biotech company with multiple ongoing hematology/oncology clinical trials. The Medical Director of Hematology/Oncology provides medical monitoring to multiple clinical trials. Additionally, the Director leads the project teams to design and implement clinical studies at high quality and in a time- and cost-effective manner in line with the department and corporate goals and within regulatory and resource guidelines.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide medical monitoring to multiple oncology clinical trials
- Lead project teams to design and implement clinical studies
- Write protocols, investigator brochures, clinical study reports and review clinical trial documents
- Conduct investigator meetings and lead site initiation visits with clinical trial investigators
- Execute and deploy drug development strategic plans, develop contingency plans, provide technical and strategic advice, and meet milestones and budgets
- Translate findings from research and nonclinical studies into clinical development opportunities
- Interact with clinical investigators and thought leaders
- Work with internal regulatory affairs team and other ethical guidelines relevant to the pharmaceutical industry, and ensure compliance with these external guidelines
- Work with internal pre-clinical scientists, translational scientists, business and commercial organizations in a cross functional manner
- Work in a team environment comprising clinical operations, biomarker specialists, CROs, and regulatory affairs
- Perform other duties as required
- M.D. degree is an absolute requirement with board certification/specialization in Hematology or Oncology and experience managing oncology trials
- At least 5 years of relevant drug development experience, either within industry or as a clinical investigator/physician scientist in academia, or equivalent experience
- Proven clinical development strategist with experience designing, implementing and conducting clinical trials, with emphasis on proof-of-concept and first-in-human studies
- Knowledge of carrying out hematology/oncology clinical trials, including knowledge of hematology/oncology treatment options
- Strategic leadership and tactical skills, excellent initiative and judgment, and demonstrated ability to positively represent the goals of Kite
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with both internal colleagues and external contacts, including key thought leaders, and investigators
- Demonstrated ability to work well in teams in a cross functional manner
- Ability to communicate and work independently with scientific/technical personnel
- Ability to think critically, and demonstrated troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- May travel up to 25%
Kite Pharma is an equal opportunity employer based in beautiful Santa Monica, CA. Kite Pharma offers the opportunity to be part of a successful, fast growing company in a cross functional and collaborative environment.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.