Medical Affairs Cell Therapy Area Lead - Germany - MUNICH
Medical Affairs | Munich, Germany | Full Time
Following the recent acquisition of Kite Pharma by Gilead Sciences we are excited to be able to leverage the established Gilead infrastructure to bring Kite’s innovative oncology therapies to Germany. Please note: this opportunity will be part of and your employment will be with Gilead Germany.
Kite Pharma, a Gilead company, is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognise and kill tumours. Kite Europe is headquartered in Stockley Park, UK and is currently adding additional talent in countries such as Germany as it focuses on developing the European Region in support of providing maximum access to patients with unmet needs
The Medical Affairs Cell Therapy Area Lead will be a key role and the successful candidate will be responsible for establishing the medical affairs function in Munich, Germany. In addition and in close collaboration with the Medical Affairs, Head of Europe he/she will responsible for the creation of the German medical affairs strategy and execution of a full operational plan.
As such this person will be a key member of the German affiliate and will have an excellent growth opportunity over the next 2-3 years as the company grows. He/she will provide medical expertise, market access focus, and insights to both the German affiliate and the European Headquarter and will have to develop strong relationships with key internal stakeholders as well as with a variety of external audiences.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- The Medical Affairs Cell Therapy area lead will oversee all Medical Affairs activities in Germany related to Cell therapies ( CART and TCR)
- Recruits, manages and develops the medical affairs staff in the Medical Department which includes medical scientists on the field
- Plans and allocates local Medical Department resources
- Contributes to the development of national, European and global medical plans of action, and ensures their national implementation for the specific area of Cell Therapies
- Actively contributes to European International Medical Affairs team in setting strategic goals in medical affairs operational excellence and cooperation with other functions.
- Actively participates in management of the local team
- Ensures cross-functional collaboration of medical affairs with all relevant functions ( market access, clinical research and regulatory affairs, commercial, public affairs and governmental affairs, and promote Gilead’s scientific image in Germany
- Regular communication with external medical community to remain abreast of issues in the field and to provide medical support and direction to them
- Participates in major national and International meetings, congresses and symposia
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- M.D in Life Sciences, Immunology, or Oncology
- Extensive experience in the pharmaceutical industry with an expertise in immunology/hematology
- Proven track record of executing a medical affairs plan to support an innovative new product launch
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluency in English, German with additional languages advantageous
- Established German thought leader network in hematology preferred
- Proven ability to work across a cross-functional matrix
- Proven successful management experience
- Self-starter with “can do” attitude
- Basic knowledge of budget and account management
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.