Manager, Cell Order - EU
Supply Chain | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Full Time
Kite, a Gilead Company, is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognise and kill tumours. Kite Europe, is headquartered in Stockley Park, UK and is currently adding additional talent to its Netherlands operations as it focuses on developing the European Region in support of providing maximum access to patients with unmet needs. This role is based in Amsterdam.
Kite is seeking a highly motivated individual to manage the European order process for our T cell therapy for cancer treatment. The Cell Order Manager, Europe will be responsible to lead the cell order process, including order management (input, update and monitor), alignment and communication with different internal and external stakeholders, systems reconciliation, troubleshooting, measurement and improvement of the entire process. He/she will collaborate with cross-functional teams in Europe and US including Technical Operations, Commercial Operations, Treatment Site, External Service providers and Quality to accomplish Kite’s objectives for product launch and lifecycle management.
Key Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Manages order process from order generation, changes, shipment and final delivery.
- Coordinates all aspects of the “cell journey” on daily basis including apheresis, shipping, processing, manufacturing and return of final product back to the treatment sites and patients
- Ensures continuous alignment of orders between all stakeholders and communicates, manages and reconciles variances
- Inputs and monitors cell order progress within Kite Pharma’s ERP System
- Reconciles shipment data between multiple systems to ensure alignment
- Develops shipment monitoring/tracking systems and troubleshoots deviations
- Supports new clinical site development/onboarding
- Acts as liaison between Kite Manufacturing and Kite Commercial for cell orders
- Troubleshoots and develops plans of action for both expected & unanticipated logistical issues during the transport of Kite Pharma product
- Continuously refines and improves product transport & storage processes
- Manages shipment forecast to mitigate transport risk
- Develops, authors, and implements procedures and work instructions for logistics related processes
- Trains service providers and customers on logistic requirements
- Prepares metrics and updates for management as assigned. Proactively identifies potential issues/risks and recommends/implements solutions.
- Collaborates effectively with multiple individuals and organizations in a cross-functional, team-oriented environment
- Master’s degree with 10+ years or Bachelor’s degree in life sciences with 15+ years of relevant experience in the biotech and/or pharmaceutical industry
- The ideal candidate is well versed in all logistics, supply chain and customer service aspects, experienced in biopharma product launch and lifecycle management
- Proven knowledge of GMP, SOPs and quality processes
- Experience in writing SOPs
- Working knowledge of biologic material transport a plus
- Ability to work with multiple database and electronic systems. Experience with Oracle/ERP, courier, and material ordering portals, considered a plus
- Must display strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Attention to detail required
- Outstanding organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
Kite Pharma is an equal opportunity employer based in Amsterdam. Kite Pharma offers the opportunity to be part of a successful, fast-growing company in a cross-functional and collaborative environment.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.