Manager, Accounting - Europe
Finance | Uxbridge, United Kingdom | Full Time, Contract, and Temp to Perm
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognise and kill tumours. Kite Europe is headquartered in Stockley Park, UK and is currently adding additional talent as it focuses on developing the European Region in support of providing maximum access to patients with unmet needs.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us on a contract basis as European Accounting Manager, with a view of this role becoming permanent at a later date. You will work with the Finance team in supporting our efforts in this exciting new area of cancer immunotherapy. This role is very much a hands-on role reporting to the Head of Finance Europe based in Stockley Park, London. In summary, the main task of the role is to implement the transition to outsourced accounting services and accounts payable processes.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Delivering transition to outsourced accounting services in Europe:
- Build controls and processes.
- Ensure management accounts are accurate and delivered in a timely manner.
- Set up processes for statutory accounts.
- Transition accounts payable processes to an outsourced provider in Europe:
- Process map full P2P process.
- Transition to a system based PO process.
- Ensure vendors are set up correctly and POs raised efficiently.
- Ensure invoices are coded correctly and processed in a timely manner.
- T&E process.
- Deliver transition from manual based process to Concur.
- Working with the Head of Finance Europe develop a 3 year Europe roadmap for finance based on business projections.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA).
- Experienced working in industry. Specific industry not critical but Biotech/healthcare industry experience is a plus.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
- Self-motivated with high degree of initiative and excellent follow-up skills, along with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Well organized with attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with management and non-technical users.
- Ability to work after hours as needed.
Kite Pharma is an equal opportunity employer based in Stockley Park, UK. Kite Pharma offers the opportunity to be part of a successful, fast growing company in a cross functional and collaborative environment.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.