Logistics Coordinator, Clinical Development
Clinical Development | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Clinical Development team as a Logistics Coordinator. The candidate must be knowledgeable of biological tissue and sample collection, logistics and transportation of samples, various courier services, and basic understanding of patient care and treatment scheduling and management. This position will be asked to interact with medical personal and be expected to be responsive to meet the needs of a rapidly, changing environment. This position will be a contributing member of study teams and routinely interacts with the Clinical Operations, Manufacturing and Quality departments. The position will report to the Clinical Logistics Leader.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serves as a primary liaison and clinical trial resource for the screening and enrollment of clinical trial participants across multiple clinical studies.
- Proactively communicates with site research staff, vendors, and manufacturing to schedule and coordinate the “cell journey” activities as well as initiation/completion of study treatment and subsequent patient visits.
- Coordinates all aspects of study participant sample collection and “cell journey” including apheresis, shipping, processing, manufacturing and return of investigational product back to the clinical trial sites.
- Communicates study requirements while ensuring adherence to the cell journey process.
- Continuously refines and improves the cell journey process including the screening/enrollment of trial patients, patient scheduling and treatment process.
- Prepares metrics and updates for management as assigned. Proactively identifies potential study issues/risks and recommends/implements solutions.
- Works with multiple contract research organizations to communicate detailed timelines and ensure that performance expectations are met.
- Attends internal team meetings, and provides training as necessary at investigator meetings and other trial-specific meetings.
- Participates in the development, review and implementation of departmental SOPs and processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Working knowledge of biologic material transport a plus
- Ability to work with multiple database and electronic systems. Experience with Oracle/ERP, courier, and material ordering portals, considered a plus
- Must display strong analytical and problem solving skills. Attention to detail required.
- Outstanding organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
Kite Pharma, an equal opportunity employer, is located in beautiful Santa Monica, CA. We are able to offer the opportunity to be part of this successful, fast growing company. To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your resume or CV, cover letter and salary requirements. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.