Logistics and Planning Manager
Supply Chain | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
Kite Pharma, Inc. is focused on the development and commercialization of novel cancer immunotherapy products designed to harness the power of a patient’s own immune system to eradicate cancer cells. We believe our immunotherapy is a market-redefining approach to the treatment of cancer. We are an innovative and growing company located in beautiful Santa Monica and have a highly energized and accomplished team. We had one of the most successful biotechnology IPOs in 2014 and have a current market capitalization of well over $2.5 billion (NASDAQ: KITE).
We are seeking a highly motivated individual for the role of the Logistics and Planning Manager to work in this exciting new area of cancer immunotherapy to lead and coordinate supply planning and logistics activities across multiple products in a pharmaceutical setting.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform detailed project management for supply chain, procurement and operations teams
- Provide detailed logistical plans for all development, clinical and eventual commercial products to assure no gaps or delays in processing, release, shipments and treatments occur
- Develop and implement logistics and planning tools through MS Project, spreadsheet and relational databases for supply chain, procurement and operations teams
- Work with IT, Finance and other teams to develop ERP modules to address logistics and planning issues
- Minimize variability and align logistics, demand planning and sourcing to ensure minimum financial impact and uninterrupted manufacturing operations and cold chain workflow
- Work closely with Clinical, clinical Packaging/Labeling, QA/QP and Regulatory CMC to ensure adequate clinical materials are available for ongoing clinical trials and commercial product
- Review patient driven demand of apheresis/nanocool kit shipments, final frozen product LN2 shipments collaboratively with Clinical Operation and ensure that shipment requests are timely coordinated
- Produce Logistics –chain of custody workflow and cold chain operational set-up for each product and clinical trials/commercialization
- Work closely with Clinical to identify study drug requirements, distribution warehouses and import/export requirements
- Manage changes in BOM, demand and supply, perform planning assessment as needed
- Work directly with internal and external suppliers to ensure compliance of local and international GMP/regulation requirements and perform risk assessment to determine criticality
- Create and maintain planning and logistics metrics to enable process improvements
- Performs product and supplier qualification
- Act as a first line resource to manage the interface between functions pertaining to supply, transportation, storage, logistics, and traceability issues
- Manage drug product inventories and associated timelines and activities required to support the manufacture, packaging, labeling, shipping, and distribution of clinical materials
- Develop forecasts and maintain long-term inventory plans and models for supplies
- Identify risks associated with meeting the inventory strategies and develop contingency plans around that risk as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in Life Sciences, project management or related business administration is required with a certification in logistics or planning preferred
- At least 7 years of relevant logistics and planning - clinical supply experience at a pharmaceutical or biotech company in a planning and supply chain management role; clinical supplies planning
- Experience working closely with Manufacturing, Project Management, functional team leaders, clinical teams, contract manufacturing partners and/or cold chain shippers and logistics providers
- Excellent MS Office and MS Project skills
- In depth knowledge of material requirements planning and production scheduling
- Demonstrated technical skills and mindset in logistic and cold chain management including process optimization and delivery of patient kits
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Pharmaceutical Supply Chain. International distribution experience (Pharmaceuticals)
- Additional specific qualifications in the area of clinical supplies demand and logistics/ or planning management including and APICs, CPIM, and related processional certifications preferred
- Self-motivated and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
Kite Pharma, an equal opportunity employer, is located in beautiful Santa Monica, CA just steps from Santa Monica Blvd and right off the 10. We are able to offer the opportunity to be part of the first 100 employees in this successful, fast growing company. A place everyone knows your name and respects your opinion while at the same time offering benefits and time off packages commensurate to any large corporation. Did we forget to mention the stock options? To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your resume or CV, cover letter and salary requirements. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.