Legal Administrative Assistant
Legal | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
Kite Pharma is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel cancer immunotherapy products designed to harness the power of a patient’s own immune system to selectively target and kill cancer cells. Our core technology involves the genetic engineering of T cells, or white blood cells, to express either chimeric antigen receptors (CARs) or T cell receptors (TCRs) for the treatment of advanced solid and hematological malignancies. We are on a rapid growth trajectory and have a highly energized and accomplished team. Kite is publicly traded (NASDAQ: KITE) with a current market well over $2 Billion.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as Legal Assistant to support Kite’s corporate legal team. You will work in supporting the firm’s efforts in this exciting new area of cancer immunotherapy. This role will provide a broad spectrum of administrative support duties and be a hands-on resource reporting to the Associate Corporate Counsel and working closely with the Contracts Specialist / Paralegal.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Manage large electronic corporate database of contracts, confidentiality agreements, and corporate documents
- Proofreading, editing, redlining, formatting, and summarizing contracts and legal documents
- Identify and summarize financial terms in complex contracts
- Assist with coordinating approvals and execution of contracts
- Potential for assistance in negotiating and reviewing NDA’s
- Maintain and monitor calendar of deadlines and filing dates
- General administrative support including copying, scanning, e-faxing documents, preparing documents for shipment / certified mail, etc.
- Preparing and submitting expense reports
- Assistance with coordinating meetings and reserving conference rooms
- Other duties as assigned
- 2+ years’ experience in a corporate environment in a legal administrative support or executive support role
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in corporate in-house legal or finance preferred
- Exceptional attention-to-detail with the ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Skilled in organizing and prioritizing competing time demands
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office, particularly with Word, Excel, Adobe & PowerPoint
- Experience with cloud-based storage systems (Box, or similar) and strong ability to effectively manage electronic files
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to effectively communicate and partner with all levels of the organization
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership in areas of responsibility
- Understanding of the importance of confidentiality and discretion
Kite Pharma, an equal opportunity employer, is located in beautiful Santa Monica, CA just steps from Santa Monica Drive and right off the 10. We are able to offer the upside of working in a small, but growing company where everyone knows your name and respects your opinion while at the same time offering benefits and time off packages commiserate to any large corporation. To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your resume or CV, cover letter and salary requirements. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.