Research | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
Kite Pharma, Inc. is focused on the development and commercialization of novel cancer immunotherapy products designed to harness the power of a patient’s own immune system to eradicate cancer cells. We believe our immunotherapy is a market-redefining approach to the treatment of cancer. We are an innovative and growing company located in beautiful Santa Monica and have a highly energized and accomplished team. We had one of the most successful biotechnology IPOs in 2014 and have a current market capitalization of well over $2.5 billion (NASDAQ: KITE).
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as a Laboratory Manager. The successful candidate will provide support and collaborate with research team members and ensure processes and services are efficient and cost effective. You will work with the research team in supporting our efforts in this exciting new area of cancer immunotherapy. Under minimal supervision, the successful candidate will be expected to perform experiments, organize and analyze results, and communicate and present findings in team meetings.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide laboratory services to all biological researchers
- Order and maintain supplies of all laboratory reagents and keep stockroom organized
- Perform regular preventive activities on incubators and other pieces of equipment
- Maintain chemical inventories and ensure appropriate waste disposal
- Manage equipment moves and space utilization
- Interface with Accounts payable to resolve ordering issues
- Work with vendors to ensure rapid troubleshooting on equipment repairs, scheduling preventative maintenance, as well as coordinating emerging equipment and technology demonstrations
- Ensure all research staff have completed mandatory safety training
- Provide hands-on assistance with molecular and cellular biology assays, including: PCR methods (primer design, quantitative PCR, high throughput qPCR, etc), sample handling and preparation, nucleic acid extraction and analysis, recombinant DNA techniques, cloning and construct design, and cell culture (cell lines and primary cells)
- Provide support for database and statistical analysis software packages
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in scientific discipline or related experience
- At least 5 years of relevant lab management experience, ideally within the biotech industry
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills
- Knowledge of emerging genetic and genomic technologies (i.e. digital PCR, next-generation sequencing, computational biology) is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Ability to think critically, and demonstrated troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
Kite Pharma, an equal opportunity employer, is located in beautiful Santa Monica, CA just steps from Santa Monica Blvd and right off the 10. We are able to offer the opportunity to be part of the first 100 employees in this successful, fast growing company. A place everyone knows your name and respects your opinion while at the same time offering benefits and time off packages commensurate to any large corporation. Did we forget to mention the stock options? To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your resume or CV, cover letter and salary requirements. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.