IT Helpdesk Support Analyst
Information Technology | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
Kite Pharma, Inc. is focused on the development and commercialization of novel cancer immunotherapy products designed to harness the power of a patient’s own immune system to eradicate cancer cells. We believe our immunotherapy is a market-redefining approach to the treatment of cancer. We are an innovative and growing company located in beautiful Santa Monica and have a highly energized and accomplished team. We had one of the most successful biotechnology IPOs in 2014 and have a current market capitalization of well over $2.5 billion (NASDAQ: KITE).
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as an IT Helpdesk Support Analyst. You will work with the technology team in supporting our efforts in this exciting new area of cancer immunotherapy. This role will be a hands-on resource reporting to the Director of Information Technology, who provides desktop support to our team in Santa Monica.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of information systems that support core organizational functions and C-level staff
- Monitor, maintain, support, and optimize all networked software and associated operating systems
- Apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues
- Install and maintain a variety of scientific applications
- Install and maintain Microsoft operating system and Microsoft Office
- Able to provide support after-hours
- Document incidents and problems and corresponding solutions
- Provide updates at daily and weekly meetings
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- At least two years of experience in an IT helpdesk support function, ideally in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical company
- Understanding of techniques and practices in installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of network hardware, computer workstations, servers and software
- Ability to use monitoring tools to monitor domain/network performance
- Knowledge of Office365, Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange (2010/2013)
- Track record of providing a high level of customer service to internal customers
- Competency in Oracle database management and project management preferred
- Microsoft certification a plus
- Demonstrated working knowledge in developing applications compatible for multiple web browsers, both mobile and desktop based, including Microsoft Internet Explorer, Apple Safari, Firefox, and Google Chrome.
- Working knowledge of quality systems and regulatory requirements (21 CRF Part 11/210/211).
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
Kite Pharma, an equal opportunity employer, is located in beautiful Santa Monica, CA just steps from Santa Monica Blvd and right off the 10. We are able to offer the opportunity to be part of the first 100 employees in this successful, fast growing company. A place everyone knows your name and respects your opinion while at the same time offering benefits and time off packages commensurate to any large corporation. Did we forget to mention the stock options? To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your resume or CV, cover letter and salary requirements. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.