IT Commercial Architect – Veeva / Salesforce.com
Information Technology | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
Kite Pharma is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel cancer immunotherapy products designed to harness the power of a patient’s own immune system to selectively target and kill cancer cells. Our core technology involves the genetic engineering of T cells, or white blood cells, to express either chimeric antigen receptors (CARs) or T cell receptors (TCRs) for the treatment of advanced solid and hematological malignancies. We are on a rapid growth trajectory and have a highly energized and accomplished team. Kite is publicly traded (NASDAQ: KITE) with a current market well over $2 Billion.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as IT Commercial Architect - Veeva / Salesforce.com. You will work with the Information Technology team in supporting our efforts in this exciting new area of cancer immunotherapy. This role will be a hands-on resource reporting to the Sr. Director, Commercial IT. The IT Commercial Architect - Veeva / Salesforce.com will work closely with the various Commercial business functions (Commercial Operations, Medical Affairs, Sales, Marketing, etc.) to deliver technology solutions to meet our critical business needs. This important role requires system hands-on knowledge for applications such as the Veeva Commercial Cloud (CRM, Vault, Network) and Salesforce.com.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Be a technical lead for multiple Commercial IT projects and must be comfortable with ambiguity. Must also possess a strong ability to balance structure & discipline with agility in the delivery or projects with many stakeholders and partners.
- Anticipates project risks and issues and is able to resolve them or escalate accordingly.
- Contribute to the strategic IT roadmap to enhance Commercial capabilities in CRM and Master Data Management.
- Hands-on configuration and admin experience with Veeva Commercial suite (CRM, Vault, Network) or Salesforce.com. Must also understand integration capabilities across the products in the suite.
- Lead external resources and vendors as part of solution delivery for Commercial applications on the Veeva / Salesforce.com platform. Also, manage transition to post-production support and set up support model (e.g. SLAs, ticket priorities / severities, etc.)
- Contribute to all phases of solution delivery: identification, evaluation, selection, implementation, testing, training, and support to meet and exceed business requirements.
- Proactively participate in requirement gathering efforts to provide feedback on technical feasibility and viability in additional to best practices for Veeva / Salesforce.com.
- Ability to develop solutions to complex problems that require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity and innovation within the boundaries of industry compliance regulation.
- Ability to articulate complex technical problems and solutions to a wide business audience, communicating solution value to the business.
- Develop the necessary documentation for IT solutions projects working closely with Project Managers - e.g. statement of work, project objectives & metrics, business requirements, use cases, storyboards, functional specifications, systems & end-user documentation.
- Serve as a technical software expert during implementations and for prototypse & pilots; serve as an in-house expert and advocate for our application portfolio.
- Strong collaboration, communication and people skills are a must.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Relevant Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences, MIS, Life Sciences, Business; or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant administrative and/or development experience with Veeva or Salesforce.com.
- Experience in the Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry is essential. Specific industry experience in Sales Operations, Medical Affairs and Data Management is a plus.
- Certifications in Veeva and/or Salesforce.com are a plus.
- Technical hands-on expertise with the following applications is a major plus: Veeva, CRM, Veeva Vault, Veeva Network, Salesforce Communities.
- Strong knowledge of SDLC and agile development concepts.
- Strong business acumen to understand business processes and the value enabled by IT.
- Excellent analytical skills, with an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way.
- Demonstrated ability/experience in thinking strategically but have the ability to get into details and is detail-oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
- Ability to work after hours as needed.
Kite Pharma, an equal opportunity employer, is located in beautiful Santa Monica, CA just steps from Santa Monica Blvd and right off the 10. We are able to offer the opportunity to be part of the first 500 employees in this successful, fast growing company. A place everyone knows your name and respects your opinion while at the same time offering benefits and time off packages commensurate to any large corporation. Did we forget to mention the stock options? To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your resume or CV, cover letter and salary requirements. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.