Human Resources Manager (part-time)
Human Resources | Santa Monica, CA | Part Time
Kite Pharma Inc, founded in 2009, is dedicated to the development and commercialization of novel cancer immunotherapy products designed to harness the power of a patient’s own immune system to fight tumor cells. We are a small, dynamic and accomplished team with an exciting growth trajectory for the coming year.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us in a part-time capacity as the Human Resources Manager. You will be a key member of the team setting policy, recruiting, managing benefits administration and helping to cultivate the corporate culture. We anticipate you working in the office 2-3 days per week. You will report to the VP, Corporate Controller.
Responsibilities (include but limited to):
- Partner with management to mitigate and/or resolve employee relations issues
- Act as coach/mentor and consultant to management and employees (especially during the performance review process)
- Ensure compliance and legal requirements of diverse areas of HR
- Process new hire paperwork and facilitate new hire orientation
- Handle employee inquiries and escalate as necessary (e.g. benefits, payroll, training, etc)
- Track and report on employee data (e.g. vacation time, payroll data, personnel files, etc)
- Communicate company policies and provide recommendations on how to improve internal processes
- Assist with the tactical side of the recruiting function (e.g. interview scheduling, applicant tracking, screening, reference checking, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years experience in Human Resources (ideally in a biotech, primarily exempt workforce)
- Exceptional attention-to-detail with the ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Skilled in organizing and prioritizing competing time demands
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to effectively communicate and partner with all levels of the organization
- Strong understanding of Word, Excel, & PowerPoint
- Ability to adapt in a constantly evolving environment
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership in areas of responsibility
- Understanding of the importance of confidentiality
- Recruiting experience a plus
- PHR or SPHR certification a plus
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience)
Kite Pharma, an equal opportunity employer, is located in beautiful Santa Monica, CA just steps from Santa Monica Drive and right off the 10. We are able to offer the upside of working in a small, but growing company where everyone knows your name and respects your opinion while at the same time offering benefits and time off packages commiserate to any large corporation. Did we forget to mention the stock options? To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your resume or CV, cover letter and salary requirements. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.