Head, Marketing - Europe
Marketing | Uxbridge, United Kingdom | Full Time
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognise and kill tumours. Kite Europe is headquartered in Stockley Park, UK and is currently adding additional talent as it focuses on developing the European Region in support of providing maximum access to patients with unmet needs.
Kite Pharma is seeking an experienced and robust commercial individual to become Head of Marketing for Europe. The role will be focused on setting strategy and driving the execution of upstream and downstream marketing activities for our developing portfolio with a clear vision of changing the way late stage cancer is treated. This new role will have the responsibility for leading all marketing efforts and driving the cross-functional development and implementation of:-
- Commercial launch plans
- Strategic portfolio planning
- Long-term financial planning/forecasting
- Market and competitive landscape evaluation
The Head of Marketing determines strategic priorities, creates the roadmap for implementation of key initiatives, and ensures alignment of the organisation’s resources and capabilities.
This is a great opportunity for a motivated, highly innovative leader looking for a challenging, yet rewarding role where they can leverage their significant experience with an innovative outlook to drive outstanding results.
The successful candidate will demonstrate high impact, be an analytical and effective team player with an entrepreneurial spirit. The candidate will also know how to apply best practice frameworks, processes and methods while being hands-on in a highly ethical environment.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to)
- Develop strategic goals and commercialisation strategy to successfully launch the foot print of Kite Europe
- Lead and direct all in line marketing activities across the business to deliver on aligned marketing goals and objectives for European company growth
- Assess new opportunities, define new product candidates, develop strategic marketing plans, understand competitive landscape, and lead products through their entire life cycle
- Identify, assess, and advance insight into the key internal and external factors that affect the Company’s products
- Establish strategic frameworks and coordinate with functional areas to identify specific solutions required to deliver against identified customer needs, business challenges and Company objectives
- Collaborate with other members of the marketing, sales, and scientific/clinical teams to define product opportunities and requirements
- Build out an innovative customer focused differentiated supply chain support system
- Direct European market analysis to identify market challenges, scientific study, and registration requirements for development of product profiles and differentiated value proposition
- Research and distill market analytics, including market drivers, market sizing to inform strategy and decision making
- Drive development of Kite Europe’s brand and digital marketing experience through traditional, online, and social media channels
- Direct the planning and development of key executive presentations, strategy updates, plans and initiatives
- Fully understand and live the Kite values and behaviours in all they do
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent; MBA or advanced Life Sciences degree is preferred
- Fluency across multiple languages would be welcomed
- Extensive experience in senior leadership of marketing and strategic planning
- Experience in hematology, oncology and/or the hematopoietic stem cell transplant segments
- Proven ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally to drive results in a fast-paced environment
- Proven experience as a marketing leader in product launches, sales, and/or strategic planning
- Strong understanding of legal and regulatory environment
- Experience solving ambiguous problems – ability to operate both strategically and tactically translating complex problems into solutions, collaboratively
- Ability to effectively and persuasively communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Experience leading and/or facilitating cross-functional or organisational groups
- Strong analytical and measurement/tracking skills
- At ease conducting analysis, presenting information and findings clearly, in a concise and accurate way
- Ability to draw meaningful conclusions and indicated actions, and set performance benchmarks
- Ability to manage the team’s time and budget effectively, including balancing multiple priorities to meet deadlines
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter attributes - preferably with experience in startup or rapid-growth environments
- Proven experience in managing people and resources
- Strong interpersonal, organisational, analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills required
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to perform under pressure
- Travel Required
Kite Pharma is an equal opportunity employer based in Stockley Park, UK. Kite Pharma offers the opportunity to be part of a successful, fast growing company in a cross functional and collaborative environment.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.