Head, Market Access - Europe
Commercial | London, England | Full Time
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
Kite Pharma is on a journey to becoming a leading global biopharmaceutical company and is poised to establish European commercial operations to prepare for the regulatory submission, commercialization and launch of KTE-C19.
The Head of Market Access will report to the Head of EU Marketing and is a key role in the EU organization. He/she is expected to play a pivotal role across the commercial and clinical teams, integrating payer perspectives and needs while leading the construction and implementation of an innovative pricing and reimbursement strategy in Europe. The successful candidate will be a recognized, knowledgeable leader who is able to demonstrate an extensive network of relationships within the industry, payer and HTA communities. It is expected that the successful candidate will be a high impact executive, who will build collaborative and trusted relationships with stakeholders both internally and externally.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Set the strategic direction and plan, develop, and implement innovative programs that lead to optimal pricing, access, and reimbursement for Kite products in European markets.
- Develop the long term plan for European access and present that plan for approval to Senior Leadership
- Foster and maintain relationships with key national European payers and HTA’s
- Vigilantly monitor the competitive landscape and business models, proactively adapting to emerging trends in the reimbursement and drug pricing landscape in the local European Markets.
- Advise senior leaders on key European access policies and reimbursement practices affecting corporate objectives, quantify risks/opportunities and make recommendations for action.
- Work collaboratively and effectively across an internal matrix (including closely with the US Market Access and Health Economics Teams) and with a network of expert consultants at both the national and European level.
- Ensure that all EU Market Access activities comply with regulatory agencies, public policies/guidelines, and with corporate policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain a robust European pricing and reimbursement database to record trends across the region and provide an organizational-wide view on how the European payer landscape will evolve.
- Develop sustainable external communication strategies to support and accelerate market access for KTE-C19 and future products/indications.
- Strong track-record within the pharmaceutical industry with a focus on building the market access function across Europe.
- Deep access experience with significant recent involvement in bringing a medicine through the reimbursement process and driving access and uptake in a multitude of EU markets.
- Strong track-record in Market Access, HEOR and/or Pricing and reimbursement experience at greater than a local level (e.g. EU, International or global), with understanding of the interdependencies across Europe.
- Direct and functional line management experience.
- Strong connection to the clinical and R&D teams and an ability to illustrate priority data required to drive optimal access and to incorporate it’s generation into company plans.
- Previous experience in local European market analysis; pricing, marketing, and sales a plus.
- Possess a willingness and ability to work hands-on and with a sense of urgency, in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment;
- Strong cross-functional collaboration across operations, marketing, finance and market access
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively present to, negotiate and engage with a wide range of audiences;
- Fluency in English, with additional European languages such as German, French, Italian and /or Spanish preferred
- BA/BS degree required.
- MBA or post graduate degree preferred
- Requires ability to travel minimum of 20%