General Manager - UK
Marketing | Uxbridge, United Kingdom | Full Time
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognise and kill tumours. Kite Europe is headquartered in Stockley Park, UK and is currently adding additional talent as it focuses on developing the European Region in support of providing maximum access to patients with unmet needs
This role will be reporting into the Head of Europe. The General Manager UK’s primary mandate is to set up Kite’s business in the UK, from scratch. This role will ultimately be responsible for the performance and P&L within the UK, with ‘success’ defined by accelerating broad access to patients for Kite Pharma’s innovation, starting with KTE-C19. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role, as part of the broader EU Leadership
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Identify, develop, propose and execute local reimbursement strategies including adaptation and communication of the value story to key local stakeholders across the UK
- Maximise the commercial potential of Kite Pharma’s assets through the development and implementation of strategic marketing plans in collaboration with Regional / Global Marketing and Medical Affairs
- Recruit, hire and ensure training for country specific staff who will successfully execute the cross functional company plan in the UK
- Build and execute the strategic launch plan for KTE-C19 (as well as future products) in the UK
- Be responsible for and accountable to deliver against the agreed commercial and strategic
- objectives, managing P&L (including the direct impact on sales, cost and profitability) as well as
- quality, compliance and risk management in the UK
- Contribute to the execution of a flawless supply chain process – customer service par excellence – supporting the administration of Kite Pharma’s technology to patients throughout the UK
- Aggressively drive the development of Kite Pharma’s business, establishing growth and profit expectation and ensuring effective financial planning
- Establish strong and optimal relationships with external bodies (Payors, Patient Associations, and KOLs) as relevant
- Foster an environment of strong collaboration across the local, regional and global organisation, balancing the needs of Kite Pharma in the UK with those of the broader corporate objectives
- Ensure that all business activities are in line with company policies, procedures and local guidelines.
- Facilitate market learning and knowledge sharing to accelerate the commercialisation of KTE-C19 throughout the European organization.
- Drive a high-performance culture by fostering Kite Pharma’s Values & Behaviors.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
The successful candidate for the position of General Manager, UK at Kite Pharma will be a recognised biopharmaceutical leader. In addition to the industry and functional experience in general management, the successful individual should bring a demonstrable knowledge of public/governmental and medical affairs, special access/paid named patient programs, and critically market access and pricing/reimbursement more broadly within the United Kingdom.
Personal characteristics will be crucial, as the successful individual needs to have the self-sufficiency, energy and drive to take this opportunity and run with it, with exceptional communication and leadership skills, as well as a level of comfort at working in a high-growth environment, where influencing and negotiating across an organisation, are a prerequisite.
Moreover, it is important that the individual feels a personal responsibility to the fulfilment of patient needs.
Specifically, he/she will possess the following:
- Demonstrable and meaningful commercial leadership experience in the UK biopharmaceutical industry, either as a General Manager/Country Manager currently or a highly successful BU Director, within the speciality therapeutics arena
- Successful track record of overseeing product launches in the UK, preferably with more than one product and encompassing haematology/oncology therapeutics or orphan/rare diseases.
- Demonstrable relationships with key pricing and reimbursement agencies, including NICE, and a deep involvement in successful access and reimbursement strategies and execution
- Specific understanding of the complexity of the transplant arena is highly advantageous
- Possess a strong and robust personal and professional network, whilst being adept at building new relationships rapidly with KOLs and other stakeholders such as industry associations
- Knowledge of the technical development of commercially successful biopharmaceutical, cell therapy or gene therapy products
- A natural self-starter, hands-on, entrepreneurial and innovative, with the ability to build a business, whilst possessing innate ‘market-making’ capabilities
- An authentic commitment to working closely with the patient community
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to attract talent and contribute to a culture of collaboration at the local, EU and corporate level, with an approach to teamwork and partnership that fosters open communication, constructive conflict and organisational flexibility
- Learning agility and nimbleness to take on increasing responsibility as Kite Pharma grows
- High degree of emotional intelligence, displaying humour, candour and integrity
- Ability to manage complexity, ambiguity and paradoxes
- Fluent in English; other languages advantageous
- Undergraduate degree required, MBA and/or post graduate preferred
- Travel Required
Kite Pharma is an equal opportunity employer based in Stockley Park, UK. Kite Pharma offers the opportunity to be part of a successful, fast growing company in a cross functional and collaborative environment.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.