Facilities | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
Kite Pharma Inc., founded in 2009, is dedicated to the development and commercialization of novel cancer immunotherapy products designed to harness the power of a patient’s own immune system to fight tumor cells. We are a small, dynamic and accomplished team with an exciting growth trajectory for the coming year.
We are seeking a Facilities Manager to oversee a 22,000 square foot biotechnology facility in Santa Monica that includes general laboratories for bio-processing. In addition to facilities oversight activities, the Facilities Manager will be responsible for planning the construction of laboratory space appropriate for GMP operations. The Facilities Manager will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of the company’s facility for production of cell-based therapeutics.
Responsibilities will also include:
- Oversee all facility services including physical security, waste removal, recycling, central services, office furnishings and office equipment, garment services, and janitorial
- Manage selection and monitor the performance of outside contractors and vendors
- Track and manage all assets, coordinating with end users
- Ensure all labs and lab personnel are supported to meet business needs, including: lab gasses, preventive maintenance, equipment service contracts, calibration and safety equipment
- Work with site leaders to forecast space allocations to meet business needs.
- Participate in planning and execution of facility improvements
- Oversee planning, construction, commissioning, operation and maintenance of a laboratory space suitable for GMP manufacturing operations
- Be responsible for all facility systems, utilities and equipment as well as EH&S compliance
- Develop and manage maintenance and calibration programs for the facility systems, utilities, and equipment appropriate for both non-GMP and GMP operations
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies including FDA, CA FDB, OSHA, DOH, EPA, Fire Department, city audits, Health Department, etc.
- Other duties as may be assigned
The preferred candidate will have a degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university. Minimal requirement includes a High School diploma, relevant trade certification, and some college or vocational training in engineering or facilities.
- Prior employment at a biotech or pharmaceutical company (>5 years) and direct experience with GMP facility operation
- Exposure to operations involving engineering disciplines including Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, Structural, Environmental, and Industrial
- Demonstrated understanding of systems needed to manage a GMP facility such as: HVAC, electrical, process systems, plumbing/piping, pneumatics, automation, general maintenance, pest management, both interior and exterior
- Ability to lift objects weighing at least 50 lbs
- Knowledge of building operating systems, maintenance and repair of utilities systems at a GMP facility, including equipment validation
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local codes and ordinances pertinent to GMP facilities operation and maintenance
- Effective project management and leadership skills
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated effective negotiating skills
- Experience with relevant facilities management software, including CAD programs
Kite Pharma Inc., an equal opportunity employer, is located in beautiful Santa Monica, CA just steps from Santa Monica Boulevard and right off the 10 Freeway. We are able to offer the upside of working in a small, but growing company where everyone knows your name and respects your opinion while at the same time offering top-notch benefits. Did we forget to mention the stock options? To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your resume or CV, cover letter and salary requirements. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.