Facilities | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
Kite Pharma, Inc., is a biopharmaceutical company based in Santa Monica, California. Kite is engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term, durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system’s ability to recognize and kill tumors. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com.
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as a Plant Engineer to support the Associate Director of Facilities & Maintenance and his team in a full-time capacity. In this role you will oversee, coordinate, and audit the operation and maintenance of the existing clinical and process development instrumentation, equipment and facilities. This role will be a hands-on role, which will require the supervision of contractors, consultants and Kite facilities staff.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Point of contact and subject matter expert (SME) for manufacturing, quality control, process development and facilities equipment and instrumentation.
- Ensure proper operation of all equipment and instrumentation through the development of preventive maintenance procedures and calibration frequencies.
- Manage the Critical Equipment Monitoring System (CEMS) and direct staff on responses to alarms.
- Initiate deviations and implement corrective and preventive actions as a result of CEMS alarms and other process deviations.
- Maintain current drawing sets and P& IDs for facility processes and structures.
- Recommend and execute Capital and Expense projects in an effort to extend equipment life cycle, process improvements and reliability, and continuous improvement.
- Negotiate and manage service contracts for all site equipment.
- Site coordinator for the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
- Coordinate and distribute all facility work.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS degree in Engineering. Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Plant Engineering preferred.
- At least five years of experience in a GMP, FDA regulated field preferably in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry
- Requires ability to travel minimum of 5%
- Working knowledge of cGMP manufacturing and regulatory regulations and requirements for biologics, pharmaceuticals and medical devices
- Read and interpret drawings such as blueprints, PFDs, P&IDs, AutoCAD, PLC
- Working knowledge of scientific and engineering principles
- Demonstrated knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing of biotechnology products, aseptic processing, cell therapy products, and process development
- Must be able to function and contribute as part of a team, have excellent communication skills and contribute to team based decisions
- Ability to think critically, and demonstrated troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to function efficiently and independently in a changing environment
- Self-motivated and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
- Well-developed computer skills and fluent with Microsoft office applications
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your resume or CV, cover letter and salary requirements. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.